Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Longbow v Tomahawk

Longbow v Tomahawk

I'm looking at pictures and cant really tell the difference between the two but presume there are differences what are they - which would be the better of the two?

I see the originals were made in Birmingham but later some were made in Turkey or assembled from Turkish parts is there a way of telling the difference?

Would there be blocks of serial No's that would relate to the English and Turkish model - could anyone point me towards these?

Thanks!
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Hello English
    The Tomahawk is about 2.5 inches ish longer in cylinder length than the Longbow.
    The Tomahawk is better suited for higher power (export Fac) the Longbow sub 12fp and came along later in production.
    They both share the same trigger assembly .
    Both great guns and well worth having in my opinion.
    Les..

Doesnt the Tommy have a dualset piston,used one way sub fac the other fac?
    I might be wrong but it's in me heed some hawe...
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Tommy / Longbow

Tommy 2000 - 2005. Early models have 15 inch barrels. Later ones 13 inch LW barrels. Later models around late 2002 were short stroked. Cylinder is the same length as a Venom Mach 1 hence the FAC rating

Longbow 2003 - 2005. All fitted with 13 inch LW barrels. Cylinder is shorter hence sub 12 ft lbs.

Brum models are stamped Made in Birmingham Turkey ones are stamped TK on the breech block. Try and find a Brum one as far better than the Turkey version.
    Mach 1.5

As above. Which is “best” is really a matter of taste. The Tomahawk is more in the HW80 class, the Longbow in the 99. Depends on whether you prefer a full-size, though not overweight, rifle, or a lighter, shorter carbine.

The earlier 12ft-lbs Tommies have a soft-sprung long-stroke set up, like sub-12 80s. Mine is like that, and shoots fine, though most (probably including me, tbh) would prefer the later short-stroke set up, or the inherently shorter stroke of the Longbow.

I missed out on both of these and would love one of each.

Did that wonderful, late gentleman, David Robson, TopDog on the BBS, not have some excellent results when he played with increasing the stroke of the Longbow?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

i owned bothe once wish i still had them now

Turks can easily be identified by only looking at them. Their finish is way below uk level. SN and other lettering is in white, and indeed states TR.
    Lb and Tommy triggerblades arent the same btw. Once had a goldplated Lb trigger, but didnt fit my Tommys.
    ATB,
    yana

Longbow

Hi Tony. Yep TopDog increased the stroke to 6mm in conjunction with Mr Pope. The extra stroke makes the .177 version shoot alot nicer. My .20 cal longbow has this conversion. Mach 1.5

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I really should shoot mine more considering the lengths I went to get it, they really are superb rifles and beautiful looks as well.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by HW777 View Post
    What is the size of the Tommies and Longbow cylinder ? If memory serves me right 28mm

I picked up a early but Turkish made Longbow, all the parts were Original Webley made fitted with a LW barrel but the cylinder/barrel was blued in Turkey which was matt in finish and rather thin.

Hard to see why these rifles went of out production ?

A design that could with the right engineering base, could be reintroduced and put back into production.
    They are a bit special aren’t they.
    I think Webley’s best guns saved till last. Unfortunately too late to save them.
    Get Airarms to remake them with a 25mm piston and CD trigger fitted.
    Les..

Tommy / Longbow

Yep AA have copied a few things over the years so why not the longbow.. AA Pro Bow..Tin Hat at the ready. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Yep AA have copied a few things over the years so why not the longbow.. AA Pro Bow..Tin Hat at the ready. Mach 1.5
    I see what you did there ldgrin.
    I like the sound of that Pro Bow 👍
    Les..

Longbow

Joking apart. Make the cylinder 1 inch longer than the Longbow and with 8mm of stroke over the longbow, walnut stock, shrouded barrel, CD trigger, barrel latch for great lockup, sling swivels..job done. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    AA have priced themselves out of the spring rifle market imo And there is no other British company to turn too ?

At a guess, what would AA price a Pro Bow at ?
    Hw77+7