Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How small are your groups with a hw springer.

How small are your groups with a hw springer.

Just wanted to know what kind of groups you experienced shooters can get at say 20-25 yards using any hw springer.

Are most shots really consistant and how many strays to you fire off in any at all.

almost a single hole sitting with a 97 at 25 yds...

http://www.rfarn.ukfsn.org/group.jpg

using mossies.

dont get many/any fliers that i can't say that aren't me.

Not bad for a 1 shot group. ^^^
    Remington 700 PSS .223 - Nikon 6-24x50
    Ruger 10/22 Custom .22 - Nikon 6.5-20x44
    Harrier-X Air Masters .22 FAC - WTC 3.5-10x50

Huntsman07 is offline I'm just a pecker who lives in the hills with too many guns.
    how many shots is that mate, your good!

Really stupid question from a newbie here!
    Please don't flame me too much.
    I reckon that anyone who can shoot a group like that must be seriously good. But shouldn't the holes be on the target??

Tin hat on.

Huntsman07 is offline I'm just a pecker who lives in the hills with too many guns.
    well i know one thing i cant shoot groups like that, the ruler indicates 6mm, when i shoot a single pellet the hole is bigger than 6 mm.

Quote Originally Posted by baffled View Post
    Really stupid question from a newbie here!
    Please don't flame me too much.
    I reckon that anyone who can shoot a group like that must be seriously good. But shouldn't the holes be on the target??

Tin hat on.
    Take the tin hat off - it's not a stupid question.

If the rifle was sighted in, the aiming mark would get bigger as the group grew in size, which would affect the accuracy of subsequent shots.

If the rifle is slightly off zero, each shot is taken at the same small aiming mark.

I got a one hole group at 25 yards. It took a tin and a half of pellets, and the hole was three inches across, but it was one hole.

lol. great shooting

BTDT. Thank you for yor reply. That makes obvious sense. I think my problem may be that the old Omega and I are incapable of experiencing the scenario that you describe.

I shoot a webley stingray. At the weekend I was shooting 3/4" groups most of the time rested. Think I'd be hard pressed to get 2" groups whilst standing.don't have the technique for that yet.sub 1" groups at any range you want to hunt at is adequate. Matt

Guest Guest
    Tiny groups with my 77K Venom - now sold

Plus 'almost' on a par with RobF's with Liams Venom 97.

Was brought up on Springers, you had to learn to shoot them!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman07 View Post
    how many shots is that mate
    5 after the initial one to aim at...but then i cant do it every day...and i probably spent an hour trying to not send the 5th one out of the group...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunjay View Post
    Just wanted to know what kind of groups you experienced shooters can get at say 20-25 yards using any hw springer.

Are most shots really consistant and how many strays to you fire off in any at all.
    My 11.2 ft/lb 1984 HW77K .177 which has been fitted with a Venom Stage 1 kit will put all its pellets into a group much smaller than a 5 pence piece at that range all day long. Air Arms Field, can't remember which variation.

My 11.4 ft/lb 1978 HW35 Export .22 would do a 15-shot group the size of a two-pence piece at 40 yards. Air Arms Field again.

HWs are very accurate rifles but the larger heavier ones are easier to get real-world accuracy out of. Having said that the little HW30 is supposed to be extremely accurate. Buy one or several and have fun testing them out!

Usually get a 2 inch spread firing the HW45 at 20 yards but there's been luckier moments too. depends on pellet, lightweight loose AA are unpredictable at this range.