Thread: Posting a black powder rifle?

Posting a black powder rifle?

I advertised my 1875 BSA Snider at the weekend and it has found a new home. I certainly haven’t posted a gun in the UK for a long time, if ever. What do my learned friends advise for a trip from S. Yorks to somewhere Bedfordish?

Thanks in advance, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Do you know anyone with a Parcel Force ACCOUNT? You can send antique guns but ONLY on account, so NOT by Parcel Force over the Post Office counter. Odd I know. Also certain services only and needs to be labelled Do not air uplift and also Addressee only - do not leave with neighbour.

Do you have a friendly RFD that they could arrange shipment by their usual method? No issue with it going direct to the customer as you know.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Auction houses do this all the time usually parcelforce express am service, tracked & has to be signed for. Is it worth an account just for one gun?

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    Auction houses do this all the time usually parcelforce express am service, tracked & has to be signed for. Is it worth an account just for one gun?

Almost certainly not but I correctly surmised that my regular courier would have an account so I passed along the details from Ash (above, thanks ) and am waiting to hear back from them. Apparently the nearest they’ve come to this is regular shipper of crossbows. We aren’t too far from Sherwood Forest and maybe the term ‘ The King’s deer ‘ might have a revival.

Thanks again, Gents. I’ll let you know the outcome, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .