I have a mint condition Walther ProTouch that I no longer use, so I thought that I would fit a scope and take it to the club and shoot it until I find a Dominator (or possibly an LG400 FT).

The rifle looks superb with the scope fitted on high mounts, and mounting the Sidewinder scope was easy enough........and as long as I did't want to shoot it, I have a perfect combo that looks good and feels nice too.

The problem is that the cocking lever fouls the scope so I cannot use it.

If there is a simple fix that will not spoil the rifle in any way (or if I can find a slimmer scope that will clear the cocking lever) then I would still like to try it, but I will not do anything that will mark or spoil the ProTouch as it is perfect and it would be a shame to spoil it just to shoot it with a scope fitted as a short term measure.

There must be a simple fix as several Walther match rifles have been converted for FT or HFT use. When I get to see a Dominator I am sure the answer will be obvious, but I am guessing that the cocking lever has a different shape to clear a scope?