Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anschutz 335

Anschutz 335

Afternoon all. What's people's thoughts on the anschutz 335? Friend has one that he may by letting go. You don't really hear a lot about them. Think they may be a very underrated rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Leepelletb View Post
    Afternoon all. What's people's thoughts on the anschutz 335? Friend has one that he may by letting go. You don't really hear a lot about them. Think they may be a very underrated rifle.
    May depend on mark Mk1 have a 'square" forend. mk2 a FWB Sport type forend. Both marks have barrel locks

I had two mk1s both .22 around 8 to 9 ftlbs and .22 but both very accurate
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Nice guns, but the have some flaws, especially if you are looking for full power.
    The cylinder isnt always perfect, the forend bracket is weak, and the large diameter port is best suited to the original leather seal.

But they have a good barrel, decent trigger, good stock and good sights so definitely worth having in the collection if you enojy classic springers. Just remember to enjoy it for what it is.
    Too many airguns!

My pal says there is 2 different barrel locks does that go with the mk?

Quote Originally Posted by Leepelletb View Post
    My pal says there is 2 different barrel locks does that go with the mk?
    It does, mk1 is a straight pull toward muzzle, mk2 is squeeze toward bottom of barrel (I believe, as not owned one)
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Nice guns, but the have some flaws, especially if you are looking for full power.
    The cylinder isnt always perfect, the forend bracket is weak, and the large diameter port is best suited to the original leather seal.

But they have a good barrel, decent trigger, good stock and good sights so definitely worth having in the collection if you enojy classic springers. Just remember to enjoy it for what it is.
    ☝️this.

i have 333 which is sort of a budget version of the 335,the rear lug broke and had to be welded.while we were at it we did the front ones as well.i wouldn't let that put you off though,they are very accurate and nice to shoot,bit of a revelation to me really.

The WPBS (Worcester Black Powder Supplies) “Marauder”, a custom/tuned 335 was the most accurate sporting air rifle tested in 1984 by BTDT’s Sporting Air Rifle magazine, performing better than the HW80, HW77, FWB Sport, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    i have 333 which is sort of a budget version of the 335,the rear lug broke and had to be welded.while we were at it we did the front ones as well.i wouldn't let that put you off though,they are very accurate and nice to shoot,bit of a revelation to me really.
    The very same thing happened to my 333, I also had to have the front stock fixing holes repaired due to the stock being very thin in this area.
    Great rifle anyway.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    The very same thing happened to my 333, I also had to have the front stock fixing holes repaired due to the stock being very thin in this area.
    Great rifle anyway.
    Les..
    agreed,won't win a beauty contest due to the plain,slabby stock.it's on the back burner but the rifle deserves deserves a nicer stock.

I have a lovely 335 MK1, complete with open sights that I'm just about to advertise...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

I'd love a 335.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The WPBS (Worcester Black Powder Supplies) “Marauder”, a custom/tuned 335 was the most accurate sporting air rifle tested in 1984 by BTDT’s Sporting Air Rifle magazine, performing better than the HW80, HW77, FWB Sport, etc.
    That was a lovely rifle

I helped my friend move his gun cabinet a few weeks ago, and while he was unbolting it from the wall I noticed a rifle propped up against some stuff. The room is now used as an office by a family friend and the rifle turned out to be an old boinger that belongs to said family friend. We used to borrow it back in our school days and I knew my friend had told me it was Anschutz (though the stock says something like Weitschuss on it). Had a little look and it definitely says 'Model 335' across the cylinder a couple of inches behind the breech. Though I've seen them mentioned plenty on here, I never thought I'd actually see one.

335 mk1

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I have a lovely 335 MK1, complete with open sights that I'm just about to advertise...
    Would be nice to see some pics if you have some.