Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anschutz 335

These are very good classic spring rifles in either calibre. Most are doing 9.5ft/lbs as designed to do, and importantly very well behaved for it. They didn't sell that well in the UK because everyone wanted closer to the legal limit. However, 9.5ft/lbs of energy around the farmyard is plenty, plenty too for plinking in the back garden.

They don't have particularly sexy wood, nor stock design, and the checkering is stamped and looks like it too. Other faults are rare and nothing other contemporaries don't have heaps more of.

Triggers are easily mastered, and add it all up most people can shoot them really well. They are very accurate for a springer. Of importance they don't weigh too much so young people can shoot them too.
    Basically loads to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Leepelletb View Post
    Would be nice to see some pics if you have some.

As Muskett has said, they're not the prettiest of rifles in their standard form but the accuracy obtainable is tremendous, which more than makes up for their looks.
    A good friend of mine built a custom version. ISP made a steel moderator, glided the internals and fitted an Original 45 seal ( from memory ). With a bit of TP work he coaxed around 10.8 fpe out of it. It was all reblued and Warren make a custom stock for it which I chequered for him - it was beautiful to shoot and the rifle put in tiny groups without any real effort.
    This was the plan for mine - but I really haven't got the time or inclination.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Had a theoben Zephyr tuned 335...yes they did do them. Doing 11.1 ft lbs in .22 cal and was lovely to shoot. 11 ft lbs is about the limit for these great rifles but you don't need more than that. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post

As Muskett has said, they're not the prettiest of rifles in their standard form but the accuracy obtainable is tremendous, which more than makes up for their looks.
    A good friend of mine built a custom version. ISP made a steel moderator, glided the internals and fitted an Original 45 seal ( from memory ). With a bit of TP work he coaxed around 10.8 fpe out of it. It was all reblued and Warren make a custom stock for it which I chequered for him - it was beautiful to shoot and the rifle put in tiny groups without any real effort.
    This was the plan for mine - but I really haven't got the time or inclination.
    Looks stunning to me 😍