Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo prices ..again.

Ammo prices ..again.

The last .22 Accupells I bought were £12.50 a tin in the local Rfd not so long ago.
    I bought 10 tins..used x2, went in yesterday to top up with x2...£17.95.each..
    A quick look at JS Ramsbottoms last night and the ammo dump and replaced the boxed .177 Crosman Premier i have used.
    Ammo is going up more than money earns interest..lol.
    An abbotoir we buy from is having its electric going up from £70K to £200K pcm...the Rfd says the wholesalers are getting similar increases.
    Buy now at the old stock prices and save some cash i reckon.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I looked at 2 new radiators they have been £200 each for weeks.

Gone to buy them today guess what.

£246 each!!

Freezers have gone up again as well.
    Master Debater

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Think that's bad, have you seen this year's price gouge on new rifles and pistols? Weihrauch HW40 is now over £200.

Saw a Gat in my local gun shop today for £95.

£95!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly as bad here a Gat went through the local auction at £50 plus 30% fees.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

second hand guns are going for silly money

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    second hand guns are going for silly money
    Think I might list my (Hatsan) Webley VMX OS with WW trigger and Aussie breech seal. At this rate I might break even.

Prices.

He also said that he thinks that AA are pricing themselves out of the market.
    Why would you pay their prices for a springer when you can get that...pointing at a HW97k...for half the money..?
    Can't argue with that i thought.
    I did think to myself...because they are better guns..that is why I have a Prosport and TX and not 97's.
    Both mine were bought s/h as new at £450 each but if I had to buy them new today..would I shell out at new prices?
    No I don't think so it would have to be the HW's.and a larger ammo dump.
    I
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

I stocked up years ago ready for retirement shooting plan A. Glad I did. I won't need any for a long time but I'm seriously thinking of getting another lot to top up before prices go up even more.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    The last .22 Accupells I bought were £12.50 a tin in the local Rfd not so long ago.
    I bought 10 tins..used x2, went in yesterday to top up with x2...£17.95.each..
    A quick look at JS Ramsbottoms last night and the ammo dump and replaced the boxed .177 Crosman Premier i have used.
    Ammo is going up more than money earns interest..lol.
    An abbotoir we buy from is having its electric going up from £70K to £200K pcm...the Rfd says the wholesalers are getting similar increases.
    Buy now at the old stock prices and save some cash i reckon.
    Trago had the accupell in .22 for £8,99 . Webley v max for £2.99 but looked like a 250 tin. The 177 accupells were £7.99 , Had stock there on Saturday.

Cheers..but a bit far from up here...

I wish mine shot Accupell a bit better, at that price.

My Prosport needs them sizing to 5.51 or end up with a red thumb very accurate when sized though.
    Unsized for the Hatsan springers.

.177 also sized does to 4.41 for the TRex.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I wish mine shot Accupell a bit better, at that price.
    My bsa s10 bbk shot them lovely, Was very accurate, unfortunately I downsized my guns and don't have it anymore, Just hope one of the others will shoot them ok, I ain't even tried the 177 cal ones yet, But they were cheap when I bought them. If worse then I've got enough ammo for the gat for the next 100 years.