Evening all.
Today whilst trying to hit a 1 inch target at 20 yards in the new Dornfelderlieber Schloss, my .22 Meteor went berserk.
I was firing Marksmans for about 50 shots when it suddenly made a massive bang and made a load of smoke. Now that would point to detonation but all I fired before were normal and I have not done any lubing for months.
Before this odd shots were flying higher or lower by about 1/2 inch either way but I put that down to me being a less than good shot.
The next 5 or 6 produced smoke then it quietened down to normal for the last dozen or so I thought.

Perplexed I went upstairs and fired one shot through the chrono, expecting it to be low incase the quad seal had failed letting grease through.
I use superdomes to measure power with their known weight of 14.5 grains.

592 fps I quickly put the old girl back on the wall rack for a rest.
I did wonder if the pellet fell out before the crazy shot but there was an awful lot of smoke for that and it was a proper bang.
This is the one I home tuned and I often get 580 fps dropping to about 575 but never this.

One last thing I thought I had noticed increased fps from superdomes after firing Marksmans before and assumed I was mistaken.

Any thoughts?