Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22

Morning all. Just wondering, what year or what models of bsa's swapped the old 5.6mm to 5.5mm barrels? And the same with old webleys. Also wondering, if you bought a new replacement barrel from a spares dealer would it be 5.6 or 5.5? Thanks all. Kind regards Lee.

Lets see what a quick search says
    https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...om-22-to-5-5mm

There we are, as for buying a replacement, ask the seller

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Lets see what a quick search says
    https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...om-22-to-5-5mm

There we are, as for buying a replacement, ask the seller
    Come on mate he asked a simple question
    some of us on here have minds full of info ready to instantly drop into a thread,
    far easier than trawling the net and avoiding the adverts.

Now then I came in for a postal order
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Quick search

I was using the forum as an encyclopedia. And searching everything I needed to know. Most of my questions had already been answered. So was very easy to find anything out. But then got stopped from using sales section for not posting on hear. So now I post my questions. And I'm trying to use forum better.

good on you bud

Quote Originally Posted by Leepelletb View Post
    I was using the forum as an encyclopedia. And searching everything I needed to know. Most of my questions had already been answered. So was very easy to find anything out. But then got stopped from using sales section for not posting on hear. So now I post my questions. And I'm trying to use forum better.
    Really ?

image.jpg

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Really ?

image.jpg
    https://giphy.com/explore/eating-popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by nishijin View Post
    Someone posting in General Airgun that they're only starting threads in General Airgun in order to regain sales section access --- that'll work then.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
    Come on mate he asked a simple question
    some of us on here have minds full of info ready to instantly drop into a thread,
    far easier than trawling the net and avoiding the adverts.

Now then I came in for a postal order
    Trawling the net how ?
    The site has it's own search facility all a member has to do is look & see if their question has previously been answered,
    sadly a lot of people don't seem to bother, so I point them towards how to help themselves.

And surely the person with details of an item for sale, is the seller

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Someone posting in General Airgun that they're only starting threads in General Airgun in order to regain sales section access --- that'll work then.
    That's not exactly what I meant. I'm trying to be better. I was only saying my sale access was stopped not that I was only trying to be better to get it back. I was genuinely on here daily. Looking and learning. Mostly through the search bar.

Thanks for help

For someone fairly new to airguns. And new to forums. Who only joined to learn more and gain more knowledge about his hobby. And who slipped up by accidently miss Reading rules. To be made to feel like he's done something wrong and is a trouble maker. I don't think this is the place for me. Thanks for the genuine people who have helped since I've been on here. Kind regards Lee.

Any way Does anyone know when the change took place, my mk6 Airsporter loading tap is too tight for 5.6 Marksmans Mk1 Meteor and Airsporter fit just right but that is of little use for even a rough date.
    Maybe I've missed something perhaps it was when Gammo took over but they were still using Birmingham made barrels for the Mk6 Meteor ( I have seen that).
    I assume BSA would have needed a new mandril for the cold forging.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

I think your Airsporter will be 5.6. I think change would of come in the PCP era. My 22 group best with FTT 5.53.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

The 5.5mm Hobby is a tight fit in the breech of my early (1986?) Supersport.

But those "Continental .22s", as we used to refer to them, are a really loose fit in my Mercury S.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

No one has answered this question yet, it's something i've wondered about for years. My challenger has a 5.5mm barrel & the early supersort i owned had one too, tbh i wouldn't want an older bsa with the 5.6mm barrel since the original blue tin wasps were all they would shoot well imho. I suspect john bowkett may know the answer if anyone could ask him.