Thread: compressor.

PLAGUE is offline Nice to see you, to see you,,,,,,,Nice!!!!!!!

compressor.

Thoughts or experience please guys.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orion-Motor...73&sr=8-8&th=1

Should say i can't use a stirrup pump anymore (right arm is knackered ) and a tank is a 5 hour round trip to refill as i can't drive anymore.

Steve.
    Last edited by PLAGUE; 28-03-2023 at 03:21 PM.

They were on offer for £35 about 2 months ago, there was a thread running I think.
    I have one but I've not actually used it yet so can't really help
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

They are pretty good but have limits. Do not try to charge big air tanks but they are great for charging rifles. Also make sure you use the correct lubricating oil and limit the time you have the machine running. My Yong Heng works really well but remember you do get what you pay for.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Looks like a clone of the Yong Heng, IMHO just spend a few money pennies and get the Yong Heng, it will last a lot longer.
    Last edited by airgunwerks; 29-03-2023 at 11:57 AM.

The Yong heng compressor is very capable.
    A lot of people fill cylinders with them.
    Keep the temperature down.
    Possibly fit better water hoses to avoid kinks.
    Synthetic compressor oil avoids carbon build up in the cylinder head.
    Spares are readily available at the moment.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    They are pretty good but have limits. Do not try to charge big air tanks but they are great for charging rifles. Also make sure you use the correct lubricating oil and limit the time you have the machine running. My Yong Heng works really well but remember you do get what you pay for.

I was thinking about getting one of these I missed them when they were cheaper

Would you think it could manage a tank upto three litres?

Thanks Martin

I have one that's identical except for the gauge, and I'm convinced that it's a Yong Heng apart from not having the name on it. Certainly, Yong Heng parts will fit if I ever need to fix it. They probably come off the same production line anyway.
    I only use it for charging my rifle so it only runs for a couple of minutes at a time. It doesn't need a bucket full of water for cooling and even with just enough to submerge the pump, the water stays cold. The pump itself is a bog standard aquarium pump, so it's cheap to replace if needed.

I've had the compressor for about 18 months, fill my rifle a couple of times a week, and it's running perfectly. They recommend you change the oil every 50 hours running time but it doesn't take much to fill it so it's not going to break the bank to change it more often if it helps the compressor to last longer. Someone sensibly suggested doing the first oil change after only a short time because that should flush out any crap left over from manufacture & assembly.
    Adding extra filtration to remove oil & water from the compressed air would be very wise - Something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ballshop-Co.../dp/B082248PJH would do the job.

Well having bothered to read the link it says it can fill a 6.8ltr tank to 300bar in 30 mins

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well having bothered to read the link it says it can fill a 6.8ltr tank to 300bar in 30 mins
    Indeed it does, but given the heat involved and that the piston has neoprene(?) O-rings rather than metallic piston rings I suspect they'd wear out quickly if you did that often.
    Might be better to fill a tank in stages & let the compressor cool between them, but people are impatient these days.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Don't believe everything you read
    The people that have actually used them don't seem so sure, or you might be in danger of killing it rather quickly if it does,

Martin
    Last edited by Moss74; 28-03-2023 at 10:36 PM.

PLAGUE is offline Nice to see you, to see you,,,,,,,Nice!!!!!!!
    Cheers for all the replies gent's - will give it some more thought.

Steve.

The air from this compressor needs a lot of external filtering as it's very dirty. Not just water and water vapour but oil and other muck.

Tuxing do a selection of larger compressors if you want to fill a cyl, the TXED T032 looks reasonable with built in filters & water tank

i have one of the yong heng ones which is same as that , there are 2 types sold , one has a setable pressure shutoff and the other doesnt .

i only use mine to fill my rifles and my 500cc refill bottle i take out to fill my s200 with but now i have one of the 12 volt mobile compressors and have that rigged via and anderson socket up to the alternator feed on the landrover and can fill up when out and about .

the 12volt compressor came with a mains powered power supply as well to run it at home , and uses XT60 connectors for power .

both compressors are good but you dont want to run them for very long periods of time , ie a few minutes max .

ian