Thread: Hello from sunny Cheshire.

Hello from sunny Cheshire.

I accidentally bought an air arms f410s/f310s? Last year but it left me a bit cold, hopefully IÂ’ll use it more this summer. I got the opportunity to shoot a few old air guns and decided to buy an old springer as I prefer their character and love the loading tap. Unfortunately I bought a bit off a dog and IÂ’ve just started getting it working again. Currently I know the front sight is too loose, it needs recrowning and IÂ’m 99% sure it needs a new spring. One thatÂ’s done IÂ’ll hopefully be able to hit something other than the backstop.

Welcome!

See in the favourite underlever thread you mentioned your springer was a Mk 3? Plenty of advice/stripping instructions on here. You hail from Crewe? Use to go up there a lot, visiting wife's relatives. Is there still that gunshop about 1/4 mile from the station? Never got to go there, either we were in a hurry to get a train or it was shut.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

welcome to the forum bud

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Welcome!

See in the favourite underlever thread you mentioned your springer was a Mk 3? Plenty of advice/stripping instructions on here. You hail from Crewe? Use to go up there a lot, visiting wife's relatives. Is there still that gunshop about 1/4 mile from the station? Never got to go there, either we were in a hurry to get a train or it was shut.

ATB

Bru
    Correction it’s an air arms s410f, I had to get it out to check.
    I’ve not been shooting that long and no one has told me about a gun shop in crewe and the old boys still talk about one in Nantwich from a very long time ago so it must have disappeared ages ago. Luckily I have a gun shop near work for most of my needs.
    I figured there would be lots of info about the mark 3, unfortunately my searches bring up lots of for sale adds and non mark 3 posts.

Welcome to the forum.

What mk3 would that be?
    What caliber?
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by James77 View Post
    Correction it’s an air arms s410f, I had to get it out to check.
    I’ve not been shooting that long and no one has told me about a gun shop in crewe and the old boys still talk about one in Nantwich from a very long time ago so it must have disappeared ages ago. Luckily I have a gun shop near work for most of my needs.
    I figured there would be lots of info about the mark 3, unfortunately my searches bring up lots of for sale adds and non mark 3 posts.
    The Crewe shop used to be on the A534 east of the station, at the corner of one of the side roads going north (Edleston Road?). Been a few years since I've been up, may have closed. There was a gunshop, Worthington Brothers, at 60 Hospital Street, Nantwich, but that went ages ago, I think - in laws live in that street, can't remember it.

Go to collectable airguns, click on idiots guide, & there are 14 pages of strips.

ATB

Bru
    Last edited by laverdabru; 30-03-2023 at 09:38 AM.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

What mk3 would that be?
    What caliber?
    I have an old Webley mark 3 I’m trying to get into working order.