Thread: Mystery piece in a Drulov DU-10 case?

Mystery piece in a Drulov DU-10 case?

Just in, a as new cased Drulov repeater. Kind of fascinated me for a while given I read it used a similar idea started by Benjamin with their repeater: but done successfully. I had a Crosman 600 for a bit it’s got a lot going on and is a bit of a gas hog. This held gas and works perfectly with its first shoots. Multiple sets of seals came in the case. Only mystery was the solid cone shaped piece. Have no idea what it is for? Any thoughts?

Could it be a packing piece so 8g capsules can be used? My Drulov in the satchel case doesn’t have anything like that with it and it looks like it’s home made.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGunn View Post
    Could it be a packing piece so 8g capsules can be used? My Drulov in the satchel case doesn’t have anything like that with it and it looks like it’s home made.
    That makes perfect sense, I have a lot of 8g’s I bought in a close out sale, will test after my 12g exhausts. I have searched the internet for pics and I have seen this piece in another cased set. So I believe it’s factory?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGunn View Post
    That's a great thought. The Hammerli Master had a very similar bit that fulfilled that very function.

As said this is a piece to put in with a 8 gram capsule. Have a lot of 8 grams and just put one in and it worked perfectly. Shame more CO2 pistols don’t include this? Pretty simple idea?

From memory Crosman included a similar item with one with their C600 models and I believe that their one was actually labelled "Crosman". I can't remember precisely when two particular things happened, one, the phasing out of 8gm cartridges, and two, the introduction of the Drulov. Having said that, it strikes me that the Drulov was at best introduced at the very last knockings of 8gm cartridge availability for Air Gun use, but maybe, just maybe, they lingered a while to cater to the home brewing market, who knows.

Vic Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    From memory Crosman included a similar item with one with their C600 models and I believe that their one was actually labelled "Crosman". I can't remember precisely when two particular things happened, one, the phasing out of 8gm cartridges, and two, the introduction of the Drulov. Having said that, it strikes me that the Drulov was at best introduced at the very last knockings of 8gm cartridge availability for Air Gun use, but maybe, just maybe, they lingered a while to cater to the home brewing market, who knows.

Vic Thompson.
    I have never seen one, hard to believe that Crosman would do this given their 12 grams were a major source of profit. Drulov was brought out in the 1980’s, Benjamin used 8 grams for quite a while not wanting to add to Crosman’s bottom line.

You might well be right, because on reflection the item wasn't labelled Crosman, it was stamped "600" or similar, so could well have been a third party device. I might still have it but if so I can't remember where I put it, but I seem to remember that it was included with a boxed C600 that I picked up in the mid 80's which came with an ivory white box of Crosman pellets too. Over the years I've quite a few C600s and my memories have coalesced to the stage where I incorrectly assign this to that when in reality it should be "one or the other" of a nefarious collection of other items. However many I've had in the past I haven't got any now, so like most "Old Timers" its memories not reality any more.

I'll dig around in my memory bank and see if I can remember what I did with that particular item.

Vic T

In my experience, the Drulov is the most accurate, the Crosman the most fun and the Benajamin the best looking of the three.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 29-03-2023 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    In my experience, the Drulov is the most accurate, the Crosman the most fun and the Benajamin the best looking of the three.

Brian
    Drulov easiest to strip and repair. Just stripped mine down in fifteen minutes, try that with a 600? Just a simpler superior design?
    Awesome Utube!

https://youtu.be/ErYty71crHA
    Last edited by 45flint; 29-03-2023 at 05:38 PM.