Thread: New H&N Baracuda 8

Lightbulb New H&N Baracuda 8

I've just seen Brian Samson's thread on this new pellet over on the excellent Shooting the Breeze forum.

In recent years I've very much become a fan of many of the H&N pellets, especially the FTT and the Baracuda FT, as they seem to suit my HW barrels so well.

Brian's initial findings of the new 8.44 grains (quoted) pellet look very impressive and I know he's probably going to achieve even better.

That's another new pellet to try, then.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I've just seen Brian Samson's thread on this new pellet over on the excellent Shooting the Breeze forum.

In recent years I've very much become a fan of many of the H&N pellets, especially the FTT and the Baracuda FT, as they seem to suit my HW barrels so well.

Brian's initial findings of the new 8.44 grains (quoted) pellet look very impressive and I know he's probably going to achieve even better.

That's another new pellet to try, then.

Agree I've had many a hw springer that likes FTT one of the 97s I have now in .22 loves the .22 FTT

Seem to work well in my rifle, spoke to Brian last night and managed to get over to donny tonight
    10mm groups @35 yards with them

@tonyL

i have some if you need to try them, your not far from me

Hi Dan, looks like another vote of confidence for them, then.

Thank you for your kind offer.. As you say, we must be located fairly close to one another.. I'll pass on your most generous offer for now, thank you. I'm struggling to get any shooting in at all at the moment. I recently broke my wrist and I'm having to be careful so as to let it heal properly. And also struggling to shoot at home at the moment due to a number of other factors, like safety considerations with a new pup. I only have a very limited range at home anyway and really need to factor in a trip to Brian's range myself so I could give them a proper test. We'll see how we go over the next month or so. Thank you once again.

P.S.....Fancy joining us for a Boinger Bash meet-up?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

No worries, yes, same town, I’ll have a word with swmbo and apply for a pass 😁

Brilliant.......I know you'd love it.

And.........when I'd posted previously I hadn't noticed that there were three pages on Brian's thread, plus a link to another forum.

Nice grouping there, Dan.

And, seemingly, lots of testing being undertaken by many shooters with the results looking very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And.........when I'd posted previously I hadn't noticed that there were three pages on Brian's thread, plus a link to another forum.

Nice grouping there, Dan.

And, seemingly, lots of testing being undertaken by many shooters with the results looking very promising.

Yeah, there is a lot of activity around them at the moment, hopefully dealers won't take advantage and hike the price
    I bought a tin last week then they dried up, not surprised as the do work out considerably cheaper than something like JSB's - I can only get two types to work well in my rifle and they are, I would say the same as Baracuda 8, maybe slightly better but not enough to justify the extra few quid a tin, got the best group out of Field Target Trophies funny enough - Thankfully one of the cheapest out the 18 odd I tested the other night.

If you need a hand going to the range drop me a PM - happy to help - we're probably within 5 minutes of each other

Thanks again, Dan.. The main issue with me getting to Brian's range is that it's closed on a Tuesday, which is my day off. The other factor is a not exactly 100% supportive Mrs and it makes Sunday attendance tricky.. But we'll see what we can do as it's been far too long since I last visited.

The FTT, in .177 and .22, has proved excellent in my HW springers.
    Last edited by TonyL; 01-04-2023 at 05:58 AM.

I've just had a look in on the thread again and it certainly seems like there's lots of love for these new B8s so far. And some testing in competitions tomorrow..

By chance I found myself to be in fairly close proximity of NM Products yesterday. Called in and they have some in stock. Apparently hard to find at the moment. NM are okay for stock at the moment but will run out soon. So, now I have some. Must create an opportunity to test them.

Look a bit like qys pellets.
    Not viewed them side by side, picked up a sample and asked if they were QYS and was told they are No8.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Have you managed to try them yet, Neil?

Pellpax ran out pretty quick of their latest batch but Ihunter are still showing 9 tins available