Thread: 30mm low mounts

30mm low mounts

Guys in past I've used sportmatch to35c mounts these are classed as medium mounts.

I've recently picked up a fixed 10x cp3 to fit on my new to me 77k

Anyone recommend decent but not costing the earth (20-40£) mounts that will get me that bit lower.

I know the lt031c are low but are 25mm tube

Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by HW777 View Post
    I went looking for the same Des, only ones I found were single clap steel although low somewhat expensive
    Do you have a make /model ?

Nikko Stirling NSMM3038L. Use them on my powder burners
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawler View Post
    Nikko Stirling NSMM3038L. Use them on my powder burners
    Thanks I'll look into

Hawke precision steel mounts are good, as are Konus steel rings which are identical to the Hawke, I use the picatinny versions whenever possible.

I am however slightly baffled as to why, if a medium mount gives you correct head position on other rifles, you suddenly want low mounts on this one ?

The mount hight you need is dictated by where your natural hold position puts your eye, not what the objective bell size lets you use, or what "looks nice" in profile.

I know you'll need dovetail fitting, but I have a set of these on my Impact, and they are very good

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/ve...icatinny-rings

or medium height

You can get a pair of snap in weaver/picatinny to 9/11mm adaptors off that famous auction site for around £6..... on a tame HW77 they should be fine
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Hawke precision steel mounts are good, as are Konus steel rings which are identical to the Hawke, I use the picatinny versions whenever possible.

I am however slightly baffled as to why, if a medium mount gives you correct head position on other rifles, you suddenly want low mounts on this one ?

The mount hight you need is dictated by where your natural hold position puts your eye, not what the objective bell size lets you use, or what "looks nice" in profile.
    On a 77 stock also other scopes are 40mm should have made clearer.

Hoping the lower scope will work well with the lower cheek comb of the 77.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    I know you'll need dovetail fitting, but I have a set of these on my Impact, and they are very good

or medium height

You can get a pair of snap in weaver/picatinny to 9/11mm adaptors off that famous auction site for around £6..... on a tame HW77 they should be fine

Thanks I'll look into yeah should be tame as got LSD glided tune etc

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

A 30mm scope is 3mm higher in the same height mounts from the base than a 1" scope. Generally a 30mm low is a similar centre height as a 1" medium mount to the centre .
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    A 30mm scope is 3mm higher in the same height mounts from the base than a 1" scope. Generally a 30mm low is a similar centre height as a 1" medium mount to the centre .
    Argh ok thanks makes sense I guess

30 mm medium ring height

Hawke 2 piece tactical 30 mm medium rings mounting a Hawke 4-16 x 44 mm IR, SF compact scope leaves less than 1/8" clearance. Added a leather cheek piece for my proper scope alignment on the HW95L.

Low Mounts

Lowest I could find are Nikko Stirling 30mm low mounts, available from J S Ramsbottom

Quite a few rifles suffer this problem. Supplied with open sights the stock is lower so your eye is level with the sights. As soon as you add a scope your cheek comes off the stock. It's not so much of a problem with rifles that have a high check piece ready for a sight system ie a scope, that is higher than open sights. Not so bad with small scopes. My first powder rifle had open sights but fitted with low mounts, 40mm scope with a 1" tube. I updated to a 50mm a/o 1" with med / high mounts then s/f 30mm tubes, annoyed with my head floating above the stock. After trying temp' stock padding solutions I'm down sizing my scope to use low mounts getting my cheek back on the stock. Sometimes problems become hidden because you have just spent silly money & your brain refuses to see what the problem is & you waste money / time going the wrong direction for a cure.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Cheers to all on this I've some more options to look at now.

Thanks