Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling my current air rifle. What do you suggest?

Boing.

I am going the other way...lol.
    Selling /trading some of my pcps and will
    be buying a couple more springers.
    Just bought a .22 Prosport to go with my .177 TX.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

If you fancy a pcp the Air Arms range is hard to beat.
    New Reximex Pretensis seem pretty good.
    Air cylinder to fill it is £180 so needs to be calculated into the cost.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Just remember shot count, as you are used to not worrying at all about this, dragging a cylinder with you on a day shooting can be a pain. High shot count is fill at home. Fill and forget.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    ....2. A charged PCP can sit for weeks or months at a time and .......
    when you go to use it, find there's been an air leak making the gun requiring repair before use.

If you buy a pcp with a bottle you will get a large shot count. If you shoot at a club they may well have filling facilities so when you've finished your session you can top the gun up and, if you have other places you can shoot at, you can have a couple of hundred shots there which would probably mean you won't need to buy a bottle to fill it.
    As Neil has said the Air Arms are well regarded guns. Guns with bottles can be had from £360 new (Kral NP-02 etc) but if you have a budget of around £700 that should get you a used higher brand such as Daystate.
    Ultimately I think you need to go to a club and try some guns and see if any jump out at you.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 01-04-2023 at 05:29 AM.

Personally (and unsurprisingly) I'd say keep that lovely springer. As others have said, you might well regret letting that high quality, self-contained rifle go. And, with the way prices are going now, will be more expensive to replace should you later miss it.
    Great advice re trying a few different rifles out prior to buying if you're still wanting to go down that route.
    An additional gun may give you that boost and incentive to boost your enthusiasm again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tx 200 are nice

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1971 View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far!
    No real reason for getting shot of it, just fancied a change.

Its such a lovely piece of kit both mechanically and visually thats its a bit of a crime to keep it hidden away as much as I do. It needs to be used a lot more.

If anyone has any suggestions for potential changes then please give the full name and spec of the suggestions as Ive been out of the game for a while and dont know what the shortened versions of the suggestions relate to!!!
    I'd suggest something totally different from the Pro Sport as you wouldn't be selling it if you got on with it. I had two tx200's, lovely guns but I couldn't get on with either of them, they were too heavy and just didn't fit/suit me - so what's the point of struggling on? Personally I think a TX will be too similar to what you have.

So if it were me, I'd look at a light break barrel springer (95, cometa fenix or Fusion or British webley) or an interesting pcp. I bought a .177 Artemis P15 about a year ago as it's one of the lightest bullpups on the market - I love it, its often my go to gun despite owning hw100 & hw100bpk (also great but heavy). My P15 is just so easy though, its as accurate as my 100's, only thing it needed was a fitting a 3D butt hook, the standard butt pad was a poor fit for me. I'm always happy to pick it up and take it out, which speaks volumes. A new P15 is about £500
    Last edited by capt hindsight; 01-04-2023 at 10:53 AM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    when you go to use it, find there's been an air leak making the gun requiring repair before use.
    Strange comment

No one in their right mind would empty a PCP for storage, it's 100% the wrong thing to do, as it breaks the seals of the O rings releasing the pressure from them
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1971 View Post
    Morning all.
    Selling my Air Arms Pro Sport .22 with Walnut stock (in the for sale section)
    I am looking for advice for my next purchase if I am prepared to add a few hundred quid to what I get off the Pro Sport.
    Havent used mine for a while and looking for something to get me back into it.
    Quite fancied the air bottle charging scenario and multiple shots but is it too much of a faff if Im not going to be using it every week?
    General advice wanted please and apologies if this is a bit vague !

What do you want the gun for? If Target shooting or plinking then personally I don't like multi shots, I'd rather just keep single loading than stopping to fill up a mag. If hunting then thats a different matter. If you are going to add a couple of hundred to the money you get for your prosport then you won't get a new springer that is as good as your pro sport, they are over £800 new even discounted. For hunting a multi-shot pcp is best but as I say it depends on what you want to do.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Strange comment ..
    Spring powered gun, as far as I'm aware, don't loose all their power from their last time of use, where as, in my experience, PCP's do.