Thread: Rink grips, the custom version ?

Rink grips, the custom version ?

Just wondering if anybody has had Rink make a custom grip for them, not one of his regular production grips, he offers a service to copy a grip that you have made or modded.
    Im in the middle of modding a grip, its pretty ugly but groups are much improved and its been worth doing, im just wondering how close a copy they are or how good they are if converted to another gun.

Yes and within 3 months was working on it again, there are two types of pistol shooters :- 1 working on their grip and 2 about to work on their grip.
    Don't worry about what it looks like it is the consistency of your hold that matters, grips are disposable it makes me so uptight when pistol shooters will not work on their grips to improve their shooting or worry that it will be difficult to sell. Get it right and just use it, top tip don't use filler until you have got it the best you can without using filler. When you do use filler use a polyester styrene free (so it does not stink out your pistol case) fast setting plod and mould the thing to your hand, before going too far look at the wrightings of Don Nygord (ex world champion).

For my Steyr LP10 i just picked up a second hand grip and got stuck in with a rasp and a tin of P38 filler, its not pretty but really comfortable and my groups have tightened up nicely as well as significantly reducing the unexpected "flyers".
    I just got a new gun last Friday and a spare grip won't be easily sourced or cheap so i was thinking a custom rink might work out easier and save a lot of hassle even if i have to fine tune it later.
    I must say the grip on the new gun is a lot better than the Steyr grip which was torture every time i used it, the Steyr size guide was way out for me.