Thread: Cost of a full .223 reloading set up ? Any full kits out there not being used ?

Cost of a full .223 reloading set up ? Any full kits out there not being used ?

I used to hand load all my ammunition when pistol shooting many years ago but sold all the kit on when handguns had to be surrendered as I was never going to have the need for it ever again, fast forward 25 years .......

Having just purchased my first .223 and first centrefire since 1998 here we are again with the itch to reload my own.

Can you guys give me an indication of what the rough cost of a complete set up would be now

cheers

Re loading kit

Hi Justin, I have all the kit required to load very accurate bullets. Lee press, RCBS scales, various Redding bits and bobs, trimmer etc. Dies for .223 and .243 some small (30) and some large (46) rifle primers. Small amount of N133 (enough for around 35 loads) and half a kg of RS50. All you would need. Not shooting much any more so all yours for £225 collection only (so an hour and a half south for you) from Coventry. Not advertised it yet so PM me details for a picture of it all if interested.

PS, I have quite a lot (approx 100) .223 cases you can have too.

A couple of good offers there , don't forget to buy a good manual , buy as many primers and bullets to cover your needs for at least the next year .👍

Oh yea, I have a second addition ‘modern reloading’ manual by Richard Lee too. I’ll throw that in as I’ll have no use for it.

reloading getting hard to comeby items

I have been reloading 223 rem since I was unable to purchase Remington Freedom Bucket which then at £150 for 300 when I first started up .now was, not bad.Now forward to 2023, small rifle primers cci 400 up from £50 to £105 a thousand.Bullet heads in 69 grain are in short supply.Powders in short supply meaning a trip from North Wales to Countryman of Derby a good two-and-a-half hour trip ( one way)just to purchase 6 tubs of Cfe223 at £60ish, so as not to run out.I have started to limit my number of rounds per month.is it at all worth it.
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Im not far from you, pm me your details and ill check what i've got for .223 if you want.
    I'd go mad, if I didn't have the devil on my shoulder to talk to.