Thread: armi Jager Kentucky .45

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

armi Jager Kentucky .45

Hi I have been looking at one of these muzzle loaders. It looks as if he barrel cant be easily removed for cleaning. So how do you clean the barrel please.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Smooth bore rifle.

Hi anyone know offhand the legality of keeping a .45 percussion smoothbore rifle with a 28 inch barrel on a shotgun licence please. I am sure I can find the legislation if I care to wade through yards of bumf. hoping someone will know!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Perfectly legal. They shoot well at twenty five yards as well. A number of club members have them as it's so much easier than getting a variation on a FAC. I have a flintlock Baker (rifle) AKA Sharpe rifle smoothbore in .6" held on SGC.

It is legal to shoot single ball through it as well although opinions differ!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Legal

Thanks for that .There are some balls available with the gun.

I have a couple of these on SGC and so can be shot 'off range' . They can be great fun to shoot at shorter ranges as long as you don't expect too much accuracy. Just clean out the barrel with a jag and wet patch and then wire brush when the patches start to look a bit cleaner. Remove nipple each time and clean that and the communication. You can put a tube on the nipple and pour boiling water down the barrel but there really isn't the need for that.

Steve.

Balls

Hi. the balls which come with the gun are cast and a bit rough. Also the seem they will be a very tight fit. I have not miked them up! do you not use patches with this bore ".45" ? also what is your loading sequence. I have seen utubes of powder then ball then wad. Others load powder wad then ball. I do shoot a lot of black powder but 12g cartridge , this will be my first rifle.