Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic targets in clubs

Electronic targets in clubs

After some discussion at the club last night we wondered how common now are 10m electronic targets at clubs, as they have been around a long time now and are well proven but we are curious just how many clubs in the UK now use them instead of paper. We love ours and would never want to go back to using paper because of the feedback they give during training and the ease of admiration for competition both postal and shoulder to shoulder.

We still use traditional paper targets on our 10 metre range George and use a variety of different target types in our auto-changers .

......wouldn’t even know what an electronic target looks like, how it works, and how flexible they are to work with....... but if you would like to send us five to test, I will let you know how we get on with them
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

My club bought 18 or 20 of them years ago but only used for .22LR prone rifle, i set 1 up just recently for 10m air pistol, nice to have but i still shoot paper as well, we still need paper for some postal leagues and i use a shooting app which scans cards and gives me good feedback and data so i wouldn't give up the cards just yet.
    IF we ever get the new air range we have been promised we will have 4 electronics and linked they would be good for shoulder to shoulder comps but for practice and for bringing new shooters into AP i still think cards have a place.
    Last edited by rapidboy1; 19-04-2023 at 12:21 PM.

We have them on both the rimfire and air ranges. Bench rest and LSR is still shot on “paper” but 95% of prone and all 3P on electronics. In the air range we have two lanes with changers and 3 electronic. The changers now get little use. The electronics are much better for visually impaired shooting with the new generation sights. No requirement for special targets or illumination, just a small ir led on the front. If/when we are able to acquire more, the first priority will probably be in the air range.

The large TV display in the club room means everyone can watch. Bear in mind, it’s not only the current generation you need to think of, but the younger members who have grown up with screens and keyboards etc. They expect to see technology in use.

Rutty

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up

Nowt so posh in our village hall based club, drag out the metal knock-down/reset targets at the start of the session, put a bunch of pellet stopping aids behind and under them. Reverse the process afterwards and go home.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Thanks for your response Rutty and you insight on how you use them at your club. What we are trying to gauge is the penetration of modern technology and thinking within the UK at 10m and comparing that to Europe where they are growing the sport. The whole electronic package if you use it to it's full and to your advantage seems to be pulling European clubs forward. Yup screens in club room, transmitting competitions live to friends and family and super consistent target lighting that can be controlled from the firing point for those that need to fine tune it for their eyesight, clean clear scoring, instant feedback, fast presentation of results and finals easily controlled. You have also highlighted youngsters and their expectation of doing things the modern way if it is available.

Bob hope you are keeping well, goodness we are working hard at growing our club.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post

Bob hope you are keeping well, goodness we are working hard at growing our club.
    Good thanks George - but getting older and enjoying our smaller membership club much more than when it was bursting at the seams and over crowded previously.

Politics disappeared along with the queues and the restricted time we suffered after waiting for a turn to shoot - and we would like to keep it that way.

We all have more time to shoot and we are enjoying our time on the range much more in the more relaxed atmosphere.

This suites our current membership, but the cost of a lower membership is higher range fees as the outgoings are the same no matter how many (or how few) members we have to share the cost, but for as long as we can all comfortably afford our range fees, it is the choice we prefer to have.

Stay safe - and enjoy your shooting!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Who makes these electronic targets?

my club have Meyton

https://meyton.info/en/products/
    Last edited by rapidboy1; 20-04-2023 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    Who makes these electronic targets?

As above:

Meyton

Sius

Megalink

Disag

Intarso

Kongsberg

Rutty
    Last edited by Rutty; 21-04-2023 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    As above:

Meyton

Sius

Megalink

Disag

Intarso

Kongsberg

Rutty
    To add a couple more
    Speed Quantum
    Spieth
    Freetarget
    Inband

Plus a few more out there, so plenty of choice if you fancy going electronic.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    To add a couple more
    Speed Quantum
    Spieth
    Freetarget
    Inband

Plus a few more out there, so plenty of choice if you fancy going electronic.
    FreETarget is the odd one out, it’s the electronic equivalent of downloading and printing your own targets. All the others mentioned already have or could be suitable for approval or accreditation by by national or international governing bodies. FreETarget because it is essentially a hobby project, locally made could never be eligible. It’s OK if you only want to train on it, but it wouldn’t be accepted for competition. Fine for personal use, but of limited value to clubs.

Rutty

I now use one of these every week at Norwich City Target Club

They are very good and easy to use

Sport Quantum....

https://sportquantum.com/en/products/sq-air/

I should have added ......

these can be printed off and used for postal entries as well.

We have a newly built air range with about 8 paper targets and we have 2 or 3 electronic targets for the people that can shoot well.