Thread: Hi from Manchester

Hi from Manchester

Hi All,

I am Jason from Manchester and if I am to be completely honest, I am not particularly an airgun enthusiast, I only joined as I have been clearing my dad's flat and found an old air gun (early 80s or before) which I would like to sell on to get money for his new place. I don't even know where to begin with this hence joining the site. I am happy to put some posts up to get to the point of being able to post for valuation, but don't really know what to say as I don't know much about them.

If you think that there is a better method to value and sell the gun, so as not to waste peoples time on the forum, then please let me know.

welcome to the forum plenty of good members on here to give you good advice

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    welcome to the forum plenty of good members on here to give you good advice
    thank you, that is what I am hoping

Hello and welcome, it's a great place to be...enjoy

Welcome aboard Jaymur.

Without knowing any details about your Dad's gun, it could be worth anything from £20 to a grand.
    I know you are thinking of selling but there's plenty of indoor airgun clubs in the Manchester area. Why not go down to one and have a chat with the people there and have a little go. I have a sneaky feeling you may enjoy yourself. If not, there will be people to advise you on what it's worth and most clubs have a "For Sale" board where you can advertise if that's what you decide.

Greetings Jason
    There are quite a few people on the forum round the manchester area who may be interested depending what you have found. Posting is also a possibility if you stick to the rules.
    Whilst you can't post photos at the moment, maybe you could discribe it and post any markings you can read. That would be a start.

Roughly ( first part of postcode ?) Which bit of Burnhamville are you in please?

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Greetings Jason
    There are quite a few people on the forum round the manchester area who may be interested depending what you have found. Posting is also a possibility if you stick to the rules.
    Whilst you can't post photos at the moment, maybe you could discribe it and post any markings you can read. That would be a start.

Roughly ( first part of postcode ?) Which bit of Burnhamville are you in please?

Burnhamville? am not sure where that has come from, am in Manchester M23

To be honest the gun doesn't have any markings at all that I can see, there is no manufacturer that I can see or anything

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Welcome aboard Jaymur.

Without knowing any details about your Dad's gun, it could be worth anything from £20 to a grand.
    I know you are thinking of selling but there's plenty of indoor airgun clubs in the Manchester area. Why not go down to one and have a chat with the people there and have a little go. I have a sneaky feeling you may enjoy yourself. If not, there will be people to advise you on what it's worth and most clubs have a "For Sale" board where you can advertise if that's what you decide.
    Thanks I'll have to have a look in my local area, am sure I would enjoy if I did have a go, but I just don't have the time for another hobby at the moment! lol

Dad also had a air pistol , if I can find that also then will want to get help with that also