Thread: Bell target shooter

Bell target shooter

I have joined my local bell target club. The guns used are pretty eclectic, from 10m match rifles to PCP carbines. The target is big and range is short does not need to be anything fancy ( This from a pistol shooter with 2 FWB) I am currently using a Walther LGR but it is an unwieldly beast. Can someone recommend a PCP preferably with a magazine that can be turned down on the power, nice and light and used for this purpose? Suitable for aperture sight.

Ormicron

As a 50 year bell shooter; please don't use a magazine fed gun, you have markers and checkers most likely in front of muzzle. yes I know that's against every safety rule ever but it's historically accepted for bell tgt. If youn eed a lighter rifle look for maybe a Hammerli 6tf/lb model or a Walther LG30. An Original 65/66 withpout the barrel weight is a lighter superb piece of kit but not PCP of course. Whatever you choose though make sure it's single shot or has a single shot tray option

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Air Arms S200 came in a target model. Or if you want a springer, the HW30 can be used very effectively as proven by a few on this forum.

Agree with the single shot comments too, much safer given the environment.

Thanks for the heads up, came home yesterday with a AA S400 MPR untouched condition Diopters the lot. I looked at the S200 great gun, could not find one with Target sights. Factor in the cost of buying it was cheaper to buy the S400 MPR. I totally agree a multi shot is a liability for bell target with people wandering round.

A contributing factor to the purchase is that i have a muscle condition. The weight of my Walther LGR was just to much, waving it about like a flag on coronation day.

What should I ask for an LGR these days, complete with new seals, piston head etc and the original sights?

I will list in sales when I know more.

Ormicron