Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
I have a much later Webley Jaguar which I used to teach my daughter and later my granddaughters how to shoot.

Over the years it had become weary and it has just returned from being revived by a good mate. I can't begin to say just how much pleasure shooting the little rifle again has given me, bringing back many, many happy memories.

These junior rifles have so much to offer and are superb quiet back garden plinkers.

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me when it (serial no: 4541) was manufactured?
Just had a quick look at the Thrales book, not much about serial numbers. The Jaguar was made from 1964 to 1977. It's thought that the predecessor Junior had batch, rather than serial numbers, if I understand correctly. At a guess, likely the later model was the same. But if I'm wrong, no doubt someone will let us know.
I too appreciate 'Junior' rifles. Alas, not many survive in good condition, having led harsh lives & for cost reasons, not alway built to the same quality of their bigger brethren.

Bru