Thread: .177 pellet for pistol HFT

.177 pellet for pistol HFT

Currently seeking a suitable pistol for HFT, have narrowed it down to a HW45, Reximex Mito, or PP700 in that order

Pellet choice? I've shot 20yd pistol before with flat head pellets, but that was with a Steyr EVO10e match pistol (RWS Geco/R10) but with HFT pushing out to 30yd I've got to consider a lighter diabolo pellet that will work well at sub 6ft/lb

JSB Exact Express, H&N Excite Hammer (I've got some of the latter to try already), anything else I should add to the list? Crosman? Wasp?
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

I have always found the RWS Meisterkugeln Pellets to be awesome in all my pistols.

The JSB RS (and rebrands of the same) usually gives high velocity and good accuracy.
    Too many airguns!

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    Currently seeking a suitable pistol for HFT, have narrowed it down to a HW45, Reximex Mito, or PP700 in that order

Pellet choice? I've shot 20yd pistol before with flat head pellets, but that was with a Steyr EVO10e match pistol (RWS Geco/R10) but with HFT pushing out to 30yd I've got to consider a lighter diabolo pellet that will work well at sub 6ft/lb

JSB Exact Express, H&N Excite Hammer (I've got some of the latter to try already), anything else I should add to the list? Crosman? Wasp?
    Try a Falcon RN8 pistol.
    Used one at lea valley pistol HFT, comps successfully for years.
    Balance is good and reasonable power, if you get one with the match trigger even better.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

RWS Hobbys

Hi I've always got on with RWS Hobbys

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Found Hammer to be not much better than tin can punchers. Same for Plinking. However, I found Spike to be very good, alongside the most popular Econ II's.

"Back in the day" I achieved excellent results with the RWS Hobby in my .177 HW45 at 25 yards, indoors. However, as you are suggesting, extending that range and outdoors I would then tend to lean more towards a quality, light dome / roundhead, like the JSB RS and Express (and re-badged versions) as long as your chosen pistol is accurate with them.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!