Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: Slinger69 AKA Gwyn Jenkins

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    34,490
    Thank you, Dave.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Walsall, Midlands Uk
    Posts
    11,126
    Thank you, Dave. I couldn't swing the workload to attend, sadly - but did raise a glass to Gwyn.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    2,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Thank you, Dave. I couldn't swing the workload to attend, sadly - but did raise a glass to Gwyn.
    Same here mate, going to miss him. Recall many times when it was just a few of us left round the campfire at the bash in the early hours of the morning putting the world to rights. Gwynn would regularly burst into spontaneous poetry or song keeping the rest of us entertained always with his trademark twinkle in his eye. He was one of the good guys.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Walsall, Midlands Uk
    Posts
    11,126
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Same here mate, going to miss him. Recall many times when it was just a few of us left round the campfire at the bash in the early hours of the morning putting the world to rights. Gwynn would regularly burst into spontaneous poetry or song keeping the rest of us entertained always with his trademark twinkle in his eye. He was one of the good guys.
    Absolutely, mate - he had some tremendous stories and a certain skill in telling them.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    985
    Popped a couple of bob in the tin at Aberdovey life boat station today and had a Guinness in the pub staring out at the bay seemed fitting as I couldn’t get to the service.

  6. #51
    Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Farnworth, Bolton
    Posts
    1,932
    I am currently on the lookout for a silver goblet so I can raise an appropriate toast at the next bash.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    2,264
    I will never forget him falling asleep in his chair around the campfire one night (an unusual event in itself as even in his early eighties Gwynn could keep up with the best of us when it came to late night drinking)he woke up at some point in the early hours looked around at the rest of us still partying and howled like a wolf, said something along the lines of “right on man” retrieved his trademark silver goblet and rejoined the party. If carlsberg made octogenarians they could only wish they were half as awesome as Gwynn 😎😎😎

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    2,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I am currently on the lookout for a silver goblet so I can raise an appropriate toast at the next bash.
    Nice one mate, sounds very fitting 👍😎

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    2,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Popped a couple of bob in the tin at Aberdovey life boat station today and had a Guinness in the pub staring out at the bay seemed fitting as I couldn’t get to the service.
    Sounds very tranquil mate. Look forward to seeing you again and we can raise a pint together in his memory 🍻🍻🍻

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    34,490
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I will never forget him falling asleep in his chair around the campfire one night (an unusual event in itself as even in his early eighties Gwynn could keep up with the best of us when it came to late night drinking)he woke up at some point in the early hours looked around at the rest of us still partying and howled like a wolf, said something along the lines of “right on man” retrieved his trademark silver goblet and rejoined the party. If carlsberg made octogenarians they could only wish they were half as awesome as Gwynn 😎😎😎
    What a lovely little story there, Chris. Although not present, I can picture that scene so very clearly. Gwyn was a legend and his spirit will live with us forever.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Sounds very tranquil mate. Look forward to seeing you again and we can raise a pint together in his memory 🍻🍻🍻
    Yes that’s a good plan and I’m sorry I didn’t catch you on my all too brief stay at Neil’s. Internet is patchy at best where we were staying so only saw the RNLI donation and read that Gwyn had Welsh ancestry so as I walked past a lifeboat station every day to go on the beach thought it was about as good as I could do not being able to get to the service. He did always have a quote for nearly every occasion no doubt aided by how much the listener had consumed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •