Thread: What air pistol should I go with?

Post What air pistol should I go with?

Hi guys, first post and new to the forum so go easy on me!
    Basically I used to be big into air rifles at a young age and then gradually forgot about them as life took over. Now I have free time, I dug my air rifles out and have fallen in love with it all over again!
    One thing I always wanted was a pistol but parents wouldn’t allow it. Not sure why but I’m older now and they can’t stop me 😂

I’m after a pistol but it has to fit into a certain criteria. It has to be pellet, I’d like blowback and also the the function where the slide stays back after it runs out of ammo
    I like the style of the Glock 17 by Umarex Gen 5 and I held one in a shop. I was just about to buy it but then decided to research it a little more. Plus the assistant damaged the gun whilst demonstrating the safety but that’s another story 😂
    The obvious choice is the Glock 17 gen 5 but I’ve heard about the belt in the magazine snapping at at £70ish a pop worries me a little.
    Then I looked at the Glock 17 gen 4 dual ammo but that doesn’t have the slide lock back when it runs out of ammo.

Is there any other gun which fits my criteria that I’ve missed? There’s surely one that’s got to do it all and not miss one of those points? Maybe I’m wrong.

P.s it has to be pellet as I’m hoping to join a local gun range and they don’t allow BB because of ricochet.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to your replies! Oliver.

Hi Olly and welcome to the BBS.

AFAIK, there is not CO2 powered pistol with the slide back on empty feature.

This is a feature of live round pistols.

Have a look at the SiG Sauer P320. I have one and it's a lot of fun with its 30 round magazine.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The gen 5 G17 BB locks back after the last shot, it also shoots lead bb quite well without the ricochet issue.
    Other than that I would look to revolvers for pellets as they may be a little more accurate and don’t have that awful belt feed system. I like my Model 29 quite a lot

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    most of the 1911 bb pistols lock back on empty
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for