Thread: The demise of Airgunner (and Airgun Shooter) magazines

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I used to buy in the good old days Airgun World, Air Gunner and Sporting Airgun, Guns Review Guns and Ammo and Target gun. Sporting Airgun dropped out by the 1990s and was more into testing etc and was a really good magazine, better than the rest. I preferred Guns Review personally, kept you up to date on law and had very good articles and a good vintage airgun section. Airgun World was the next and Target gun, Guns and Ammo as i was a pistol shooter in the good old days, these magazines covered what i was shooting, in those days i was into all types of shooting.
    I found that the cost started to kill off buying magazines and i found that reviews of airguns were covering the same concept of airguns either a springer or pcp but the gun in question was just a different style, once you seen owned and shot a couple of types of airgun they are no more the same, therefore these airgun magazines became boring, no different from month to month. I only bought an airgun magazine if i were buying a particular airgun that was up for review. When airgun magazines first came out in the Late 1970-80 they were exciting times in airgun development, alway was excited about the next months issue coming out, those magazines killed quite a few airgun myths on the the head in the technical sense gathered over time since the beginning of airgunning.
    Last edited by BC312; 08-05-2023 at 08:36 AM.