Thread: The demise of Airgunner (and Airgun Shooter) magazines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Neither magazine has made money on the cover price due to a relatively small circulation. They rely on revenue from adverts. Matt Manning I am willing to bet has probably never read an article by John Atkins. It is difficult to raise advertising revenue from air rifles and pistols that unfortunately are no longer in production. The quality and professionalism of John's writing stood out like a beacon and deserved a specific mention. After all there are many that bought their copy to read it and the remainder of the comic was a side issue but still benefited the publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Neither magazine has made money on the cover price due to a relatively small circulation. They rely on revenue from adverts.
    Too true. A bit ironic then that so many posts on here and other fora complained that there were too many adverts.
    Such is life. Let's hope the new AGW keeps going ....
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Too true. A bit ironic then that so many posts on here and other fora complained that there were too many adverts.
    Such is life. Let's hope the new AGW keeps going ....
    Cheers, Phil
    I never really had a problem with the adverts, magazines have always had them regardless of the hobby, with some photography mags staggering bad in this respect, but if they keep a good magazine going, I would always be happy to choose to ignore them. No, for me the issue was the magazine had become mind numbingly boring with the constant edge toward FT and the over mindful consideration to the anti gun brigade when narrating the stories compared to the past ....hells teeth I'd nodded off a quarter of the way through