Thread: The demise of Airgunner (and Airgun Shooter) magazines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Its a big shame. I was brought up on Airgunner as well as AGW (preferred the former as AGW was b&w photos back then). Shame these titles fail. I remember Handgun magazine as I think it was called (UK, not the US one) in the mid 90s. Think it bit the dust quite quickly, post Dunblane, within a few issues.

It's interesting to see which magazines live on.

Loads of car and gossip mags. Just a sprinkling of niche hobby mags.

Putting magazine's in plastic bags so you can't read them first and make a decision to buy has not helped the cause ..
    Plastic bag covering the mags is also a great image for them doing their environmental bit to save the world!!
    Last edited by prosport.177; 07-05-2023 at 11:52 AM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Inevitable really, take out the advertising content, the for sale section and the readers letters and the content they actually produced was very little.
    But unfortunately of what little remained, much was repeated across the 3 magazines and the rest was often unimaginative and uninspiring.
    I read them because they were included in my Readly app - before that I had stopped buying them years previously because the content was so poor.

Both magazines..

I had an idea both magazines would end a few years back…so im surprised it has taken this long.
    Yes, there is the web with vast amounts of information for free, not least facebook specifics to the exact model you are interested in, but i still feel my own theory has had a handle in the bulk of the demise, and probably for both magazines i shouldnt wonder…
    Its really perfectly simple.
    Since going the way of PC correct (regardless if you think it correct to do so) to fend of the anti gun lobbyists, or other slack jaw “aren't i being good” sheep reasons…it makes the read more boring than a sloth climbing a tree….fact..
    Its a bit like our nanny state, in dealing with the odd idiot boy racer….we all have to conform to driving over idiotic speed humps at 20 mph making driving less fun than picking your nose..

The magazine (Airgun world) use to be fun, humorous, and exciting…
    These magazines are so incredibly dull i do not even open them in Smiths for free anymore…
    …..no point arguing with me….its done…
    Last edited by Dave2345678; 07-05-2023 at 11:26 AM.