Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say. So for what it's worth, I enjoy(ed) the magazines and had subscriptions to all three. I found the technical articles very informative ... and long may they last in AGW ... and the Mr Atkins contributions to AG were excellent and the perfect companion to coffee and biscuits. Reviews? Well I enjoyed them as well whether they were of cheap rifles, pistols or the so called super-guns. AG was, to me, a mag more for the hunter and while I do not hunt I found the content interesting even if it became a little repetitive at times ... but hey, the magazines are generally easy, relaxing reading.
You cannot avoid repetition in a monthly magazine where newcomers could be taking the magazine for the first time and just starting out in shooting. And, of course, if you don't like the content and know everything, don't buy it. I suspect the demise of AG is largely to do with economics of the production process in these inflationary times. Let's hope that previous AG readers will switch to AGW and ensure its long lasting success.
Cheers, Phil