Thread: Shotgun 80 load data for .38 special

Shotgun 80 load data for .38 special

I seem to remember a few months ago someone posted a pic of the load data for Shotgun 80.

We used to use it back in the day for .38, .45 etc.

Can anyone point me to the post or somewhere I can find some published data.

I used around 3.2 to 4gn for years in 38 depending on what the gun liked.I don’t think load data was ever thought about track then. I still use the same charge now when I acquire the odd pound.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Yes I remember using 3.5 for .38s and about 4.6 for .45 ACP.

A guy at the club wants to get into reloading and ideally he would like some published data. I thought someone posted a pic/photocopy of a sheet a few months ago.

I also seem to remember it being mentioned in the old "Handgunner" magazine quite frequently (Those were the days).

I tried the advanced search but of course the very mention of "Shotgun" brings up reams of posts about the new fangled scattergun thingies.

Quote Originally Posted by markH View Post
    Yes I remember using 3.5 for .38s and about 4.6 for .45 ACP.

A guy at the club wants to get into reloading and ideally he would like some published data. I thought someone posted a pic/photocopy of a sheet a few months ago.

I also seem to remember it being mentioned in the old "Handgunner" magazine quite frequently (Those were the days).

I tried the advanced search but of course the very mention of "Shotgun" brings up reams of posts about the new fangled scattergun thingies.
    Try putting your search term in quotes:

For instance search for "shotgun 80" which will search for that exact term rather than as two words.

BRILLIANT........ produced exactly what I wanted.

I knew I'd seen it on here.

Many thanks to both of you.