Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there any Bonehill Britannia reading to be had?

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Matt,

The Anglo Sure Shot was made concurrently with the Cox marked Britannia - Ramsbottom being a large dealer that had the buying power to have the rifles made for him marked with his name. Other than the markings, the Anglo Sure Shot was identical to the standard Britannia.

As for sights, a laterally drift adjustable fixed elevation rearsight was first, then the two leaves, then the spring leaf and finally the seesaw sight.

I've written a draft on the Britannia, which I'd like to self publish at some point but bearing in mind the BSA book required quite a few £ thousand to publish, I'm not sure there is the same level of demand for the Britannia and I don't want to compromise on quality.

Kind regards,

John
    That would be on my list after buying your BSA book John.

I hesitated at the price for a while (it's a Yorkshire thing) but so glad I took the plunge.

I'd love to see your Britannia book if it's of a similar quality!
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    If you ever come across it again it would be great to see.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Oh, it's your lucky day, Matt.

It appears that the May 1976 article you've shown was the first part of a two part article. :-

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Oh, it's your lucky day, Matt.

It appears that the May 1976 article you've shown was the first part of a two part article. :-

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

All the best Mick
    I haven’t seen that before, brilliant!

Many thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Matt,

The Anglo Sure Shot was made concurrently with the Cox marked Britannia - Ramsbottom being a large dealer that had the buying power to have the rifles made for him marked with his name. Other than the markings, the Anglo Sure Shot was identical to the standard Britannia.

As for sights, a laterally drift adjustable fixed elevation rearsight was first, then the two leaves, then the spring leaf and finally the seesaw sight.

I've written a draft on the Britannia, which I'd like to self publish at some point but bearing in mind the BSA book required quite a few £ thousand to publish, I'm not sure there is the same level of demand for the Britannia and I don't want to compromise on quality.

Kind regards,

John
    Hi John,

Is there anything we can do to help get your book published?
    How about some pre-orders for a limited run?

I’m not sure what a minimal run quantity is or if there is an initial set up cost.

Obviously I’d buy one

You could sell digital downloads but once it’s out there I don’t think you could control if it got shared.

I’d be happy to promote it on my YouTube channel.

Cheers,
    Matt

I haven’t seen that before, brilliant!

Many thanks,
    Matt
    No problem, Matt.

Looking at the Guns Review article you've posted from May 1976 it looks like that's not the full article as it says it continues on page 265, which appears to be missing ?

All the best Mick

Hi John,

Is there anything we can do to help get your book published?
    How about some pre-orders for a limited run?

I’m not sure what a minimal run quantity is or if there is an initial set up cost.

Obviously I’d buy one

You could sell digital downloads but once it’s out there I don’t think you could control if it got shared.

I’d be happy to promote it on my YouTube channel.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Hi Matt,

Very good of you to offer but I wouldn't be comfortable taking advance orders.

Yes the cost ran into several £thousand for the BSA book as I had to pay for the entire print run in advance as well as the set up cost and ordering an ISBN number, etc.

The trade adverts in the BSA book certainly helped offset some of the expense but as the Britannia book will be a smaller run, the ad cost needs to be minimised. Maybe more ads at a lower cost?

Definitely no to digital downloads as this will be an old school hold in your hand physical book.

Maybe a limited print run will be the way to go but it may take a while yet as although the narrative is all done bar the odd update, it still needs formatting. Still, I learnt a lot with the BSA book, so it's not as daunting as it was the first time round.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No problem, Matt.

Looking at the Guns Review article you've posted from May 1976 it looks like that's not the full article as it says it continues on page 265, which appears to be missing ?

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick,
    well spotted, this is the continued bit but it's only a paragraph.
    be interesting to hear if anyone has encountered on with the broken guide rod as mentioned?

Cheers,
    Matt

[IMG][/IMG]