Thread: HW front sights

HW front sights

Just got a 35, put a Beeman peep sight on the rear, but can't get it low enough its shooting high at all distances, can i raise the front sight is that the best option, if so what to need & where can i get it ?

Do the maths and and raise the front sight by the required amount, it will not be much, sorry don't know your rifle or how the front sight is fixed as I only shoot modern target stuff.

Sorry message reads rather curtly, with maths you need to know what rules and stuff to apply, with this problem you can use "similar triangles" look it up on the net as it is explained better than I can do with just words on here.

Apologies in advance if you're already checked this, but might the rifle need the barrel angle adjusted? The Beeman sight (Williams FP-AG) will work with most barrel-cockers; I have one on an HW 35 in fact.

Assuming the barrel is not bent upward, something as simple as a fresh breech seal might do the trick.
    Last edited by MDriskill; 14-05-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    Apologies in advance if you're already checked this, but might the rifle need the barrel angle adjusted? The Beeman sight (Williams FP-AG) will work with most barrel-cockers; I have one on an HW 35 in fact.

Assuming the barrel is not bent upward, something as simple as a fresh breech seal might do the trick.
    Its a new rifle, & i don't think there are any issues with it, the beeman sight have previously been on a 99 & an 80 with no issues, i will check the barrel with a straight edge to confirm its ok

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Its a new rifle, & i don't think there are any issues with it, the beeman sight have previously been on a 99 & an 80 with no issues, i will check the barrel with a straight edge to confirm its ok
    Interesting, thank you. My 35 is significantly older, so something may well have changed over the years.