Thread: Tbt drop in kit for HW45

Tbt drop in kit for HW45

Fitted.

Before fitting was a bit smoky, and running at just under 5ft/lb with 8.4gr diabolo pellets

Stripping it was the easy part, but fear started to set in when I took the spring and piston cylinder apart! £11 Silverline sash clamp from that big auction site didn't instil confidence, but it worked

Degunked, original piston seal removed and replaced with a 22mm Aussie parachute seal, spring shortened by the recommended 1.5 coils, lubricated sparingly with decent moly paste and all lined up to go back in

Took two attempts to reassemble!! First resulted in cylinder end and spring taking flight as only being blessed with two hands I struggled to keep everything lined up in sash clamp

Second attempt I dremeled a notch in one of the clamping faces to match the little spur on the transfer port end and strapped it to bar of clamp with several thick cable ties, and still the last 10mm was wound in 1/8 of a turn at a time

Thankfully all done and finished - haven't chrono'd it yet as it's too dark to use FX chrono in the back garden, but a few test shots indoors it is far smoother, and same POI at 6yds so fingers crossed power is right as there is NO WAY I am stripping that thing again. Ever. Never.
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    I think the whole stripping thing with the HW45 is very much a practice thing - I remember losing the back end of the compression tube over the fence when I did my first one, and it took me ages to get the spring back in ! I am looking forward to taking one apart later that has a TBT kit fitted but is still a little bit smokey when firing - I also have some of those Aussie red seals I am interested in fitting too.

Really like the HW45, think it is very much underrated - I would love to see a bit more FT style comps for pistols as well like they have in Germany and the US !

Doc
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

I am considering swapping the front guide on mine to a solid steel version, apparently it yields a bit more power by adding mass/inertia overcoming transfer port flow resistance.

Daring myself to take it apart again is making me hesitant; I was relived to put it back together last time without losing a testicle.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    spring shortened by the recommended 1.5 coils,

Rumour has it that TbT’s new range of premium springs will include those for the HW45. These new springs will be at the correct length and not need shortening, apparently!

They may or may not be available from the week after next.

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Rumour has it that TbT’s new range of premium springs will include those for the HW45. These new springs will be at the correct length and not need shortening, apparently!

They may or may not be available from the week after next.
    Fantastic
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for