Thread: Bsa Cadet project.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I think it was more of a "Cadet" gun so the .177 was probably the best/cheapest option. Also the "Big" Bsa Gun was the Airsporter and you they were more usual in .22.
    Yes the Merlins were available in .22 and are fun to shoot. I always think its a pity that Bsa didn't make a Cadet sized/and quality underlever. Merlins are fun but a definite Junior rifle and very fragile.
    Yep I agree, a proper scaled down version of the Airsporter would have been better than the Merlin. I have a Merlin in .22 and it is a touch under powered but if I’m honest I never plink with it,as you rightly say they just feel too fragile

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    A big "THANK YOU" to Mark/ Sparko for sending me a gun and a bit today. The gun is too good to use for bits. The other bits will come in handy at some point soon hopefully.

If anyone has a bare trigger block (the small stock screw hole one---not the large one) please keep me in mind.

Well this should keep me going for a while.

I put the action of the gun back in the stock, I had to slightly ease one front stock screw hole. I had a quick plink with it. Lovely little thing to shoot. I think its got a softer mainspring in so the trigger is lighter to use.
    Last edited by ggggr; 05-06-2023 at 02:00 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I managed to get a piston rod But could still do with a bare trigger block-----the one that takes the small 2ba screw rather than the big one through the pistol grip. If anyone has one knocking about?

Someone has a B2 foresight if i want it.
    At the moment I've put a cut down .177 barrel on the gun. I didn't cut the barrel! and managed to find some sort of little muzzle thing. I drilled and tapped it to 4BA to take a foresight and epoxyed it to the barrel.
    The gun is very accurate but shoots a little to the left, but i cannot be bothered removing the rearsight and trying to reglue it in position.

This is one of the things that are "interesting" , but can take a lot of time and messing about. Its now a pity that there isn't a decent stock to go on the gun. I could probably cut a piece to go on the back instead of the butt pad, but with my dodgy arms, I know I'd get a few days gyp from it

I think Bsa were probably right not doing a .22 Cadet.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Sent you a message👍
    snarepeg.