Thread: Bsa Cadet project.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    An interesting conversion Guy, I never understood why the Cadet or even more so the Cadet Major wasn’t available in .22, I know the claim was being low power related but then afterwards they made the little Merlin in .22 Come to think of it the Scorpion pistol was hugely popular and very few appear to be .177 so BSA must have had an about turn with their thinking.
    Guy will soon have both Cadet and Cadet Major in .22. It is quite an easy conversion.

As to Scorpions , I have a few including .177, .20, .22, .25 and a 6mm bb with a cork adaptor fitted for kids to play with . Guy fired a .25 last week.

Like you, I can't understand why they made the anaemic Merlin in .22 , possibly due to public perception of the calibre and sales? Remember .22 was flavour of the decade in the 1970's

I've just bought a Cadet at auction and notice the breech seal has worn flat, is this why pellets protrude at the bottom of what looks to me like an angled breech / barrel join?
    I'm taking it to the bash for others to hear. It makes a pronounced clack as the barrel is shut.
    Any Ideas chaps?
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    I've just bought a Cadet at auction and notice the breech seal has worn flat, is this why pellets protrude at the bottom of what looks to me like an angled breech / barrel join?
    I'm taking it to the bash for others to hear. It makes a pronounced clack as the barrel is shut.
    Any Ideas chaps?
    I have a 1947 Cadet, and it also has a "flat" breech seal but there's no significant leakage. It's remarkable how little seal is needed, in fact. It also makes quite a loud noise as it's closed, so that would appear to be the norm, and the trick is to seat pellets fully at the very bottom edge of the breech, otherwise their skirts will become bent.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Guy will soon have both Cadet and Cadet Major in .22. It is quite an easy conversion.

As to Scorpions , I have a few including .177, .20, .22, .25 and a 6mm bb with a cork adaptor fitted for kids to play with . Guy fired a .25 last week.

Like you, I can't understand why they made the anaemic Merlin in .22 , possibly due to public perception of the calibre and sales? Remember .22 was flavour of the decade in the 1970's
    That will make him happy It’s would be nice to see photos of a conversation being done,I like seeing anything like that. Yes he did mention the .25 Scorpion, another cool piece of engineering 👍