Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: For Sale: An elegant double-fronted mahogany glazed display GUN CABINET - 16 gun:

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hemel Hempstead, Herts
    Posts
    952

    For Sale: An elegant double-fronted mahogany glazed display GUN CABINET - 16 gun:

    For sale:

    A very elegant and useful high quality double fronted (2 lockable doors) display gun cabinet, which can take either ten shotguns or 16 air rifles.

    This is not a home made item, but a professionally constructed, purpose built piece of furniture, that would undoubtedly cost thousands to buy new.

    It measures approx 6 feet wide and about 6 feet high, so a substantial piece that your wife or partner would be delighted to have in her/his/them lounge!

    The cabinet is presently located in Pax Guns, Archway road, Highgate, from where it would have to be removed. 2 men could do it. Try Shipley?

    Price is extremely reasonable at 199 - sounds so much cheaper than 200!

    More precise dimensions to follow, and photos are available.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hemel Hempstead, Herts
    Posts
    952
    Dimensions:

    53" wide. 77" tall. 14" deep.

    Made by W.G.Rushworth of Gibbon, near Bicester.

    Some poor photos on E*bay.

    Following a management conference it has been decided to offer this lovely piece of furniture to the first most deserving applicant, free gratis and for nothing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    City of London
    Posts
    9,525
    Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Dimensions:

    53" wide. 77" tall. 14" deep.

    Made by W.G.Rushworth of Gibbon, near Bicester.

    Some poor photos on E*bay.

    Following a management conference it has been decided to offer this lovely piece of furniture to the first most deserving applicant, free gratis and for nothing.
    It should go lovely in the Great Hall of my country house. Would you mind hanging on to it while I wait for my lottery win please Chris?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    8,433
    I bought the last one from Chris and very happy, well at least I am.
    If I had pictures, the present Mrs B might be persuaded.
    See you on 10th December

    http://kemptonclassicarmsfair.co.uk/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bath, innit?
    Posts
    6,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I bought the last one from Chris and very happy, well at least I am.
    If I had pictures, the present Mrs B might be persuaded.
    Lucky man. It sounds great, but Id also need a second small mahogany glazed display case to display my severed knackers when Mrs JC saw it

    Well

    Not that small a display case, obviously
    Morally flawed

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Lucky man. It sounds great, but Id also need a second small mahogany glazed display case to display my severed knackers when Mrs JC saw it

    Well

    Not that small a display case, obviously
    I think mine were cut off years ago.
    See you on 10th December

    http://kemptonclassicarmsfair.co.uk/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hemel Hempstead, Herts
    Posts
    952
    The cabinet has now received a bid on (of 5!) so to be fair to that bidder I shall now let that auction run to the bitter end (8 days to go). If the cabinet

    fails to sell for any reason I shall let the assembled know, and we'll go again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Eastwood
    Posts
    1,086
    I would love it if I had a big enough house. good luck.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    16,968
    My wife doesn't like me being in he house, so I've got no chance of sneaking that in.




    All the best Mick

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    gateshead
    Posts
    22,343
    ha ha mad mick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •