Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Vid: Kempton Park April 2023

New Vid: Kempton Park April 2023

Kempton Classic Arms fair April 2023 vintage Airguns aplenty and interviews deactivated and antique weapons
    https://youtu.be/X-wXrFUrOiY

Thanks to John, Dario Lawrie and Peter for their contributions.

Thanks again to Peter & Liz for the invite.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by ptdunk; 14-05-2023 at 11:08 AM.

I've been waiting avidly for this Matt as that was a cracking fair in April and it's only 7 weeks until the next one.

Will search for this on the telly as I can't watch vids as good as this one is going to be on the laptop.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that, thank you. When you find something you have always wanted to own then sometimes you just have to snap it up or regret it later. I find anything in take down form appealing with their design.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching that, thank you. When you find something you have always wanted to own then sometimes you just have to snap it up or regret it later. I find anything in take down form appealing with their design.
    Wise words indeed. I'm still grinning from ear to ear at having found that TDR.

Matt,
    That is an excellent piece of work. You have included all that is great about the fair and a good varied selection of items. Only problem is I now can't wait for the next one even more!

Great to see some collectable pellet packaging. The PIC pellets are believed to have been made by Milbro for a U.S. distributor (Precise Imports Corp of New York) and were Milbro Caledonians. The tin should say MBL on it, which I believe stands for Milbro Brothers Ltd.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

WoW !

Lost for words Matt

Hi Matt,
    Thanks for shooting and sharing this excellent and very professionally produced video which really does justice to this wonderful show.
    If I had managed to attend this particular show, I would have certainly been tempted by the pre-charged No 4 Enfield conversions and would definitely have tried to purchase the post-war Webley rexine case.
    Pete’s Spring Clip Mk1 is something else I would really have liked to see and handle.
    I can’t think of any similar shows where so many seldom seen rarities turn up under the same roof.

Brian

Ace video 👍
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Captures the fair perfectly. Not easy to do.
    Thanks for the excellent work.
    Steve

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Super video Matt, and I echo Brian's sentiments.

P.S. Thanks for the book plug!

Excellent, Matt.

BTW, Baz had one of those Diana pellet boxes at one time with his model 1 pistol, although not in as good nick.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Excellent video, very professional.

I bet there were bargains to be had, but I'm not sure chips at £4 a portion qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by magicesperanto View Post
    Excellent video, very professional.

I bet there were bargains to be had, but I'm not sure chips at £4 a portion qualified.
    Our mistake, the menu in shot is a “race day” menu. Our caterer is much more expensive

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Matt what a great video, very well done. l liked you way you did the interviews with the stall holders very professionally done. did l see an original first model Daisy rife in the last part. or was it a repro which l think some where made in the USA a few years ago.
    ATB
    Mick

Hi Matt, A great video of the event. Thanks for featuring my stand much appreciated. See you at the next event. Regards Tim

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Matt what a great video, very well done. l liked you way you did the interviews with the stall holders very professionally done. did l see an original first model Daisy rife in the last part. or was it a repro which l think some where made in the USA a few years ago.
    ATB
    Mick
    I can answer that one Mick.

It was a repro. Lawrie had it on his stall.

Kind regards,

John