Thread: trigger blade for Diana Model 65

trigger blade for Diana Model 65

I need to source a replacement trigger blade for my Diana Model 65. It was very unfortunate that during a recent seal/spring replacement the 51 yr old plastic trigger blade broke. I need to ensure that this fine air rifle remains operable long after my stewardship expires. If anyone might steer me in the right direction to begin a search, I'd be very grateful. I've contacted some of the major parts suppliers but nothing so far. Wish me luck!

hji
    I have a 75 I am breaking I would think the triggers are the same, if so, pm me your address and I will send to you

I hope the trigger is interchangeable on the two models. It wasn't on my 65 IIRC, when I owned it several years ago. I think it was metal, more like the Diana 60 trigger than the 75, which slid along a rail.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Protek Supplies have a few Diana triggers. When I get a rifle with a broken plastic trigger I use the parts for a pattern and cast them in metal using high temp silicone moulding rubber (370C) which can take molten pewter. These triggers turn out quite hard, I was surprised how strong they are.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

diana 65 trigger

I've been looking at and comparing parts schematics for both the Model 65 and the Model 75. It appears that the triggers for the two are of different design. The Models 65 and 66 share triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Quadra View Post
    I've been looking at and comparing parts schematics for both the Model 65 and the Model 75. It appears that the triggers for the two are of different design. The Models 65 and 66 share triggers
    The 65 and 66 are essentially the same rifle with different stocks.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The model 65/66 action has a threaded hole in front of the trigger, for attaching an auxiliary blade. This is a thin blued steel stamping - purposely made easily bendable - that functions solely as a trigger reach adjustment (by the time of the 65's introduction in 1968, its competitors had positionable trigger blades on rails, but Diana's primary blade was fixed).

Fabricating something that would use this mounting position, and work similarly, might be a simpler alternative solution.

Here's a shot of the "extra" blade on a late model 60T; the 65/66 is the same. It's crude and looks weird...but it works!

Last edited by MDriskill; 23-05-2023 at 02:15 PM.

diana 65 trigger

Thanks for that great closeup Mike. Are you saying that the Models 60, 65, and 66 all share the same trigger? I have posted here in the hope that someone might be aware of a parts gun or an otherwise obscure parts source. I really need to get my 65 back on her feet-she needs some loving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    hji
    I have a 75 I am breaking I would think the triggers are the same, if so, pm me your address and I will send to you
    As the 65 and 75 triggers seem to be different (and I am not undercutting Qadra who posted first), I'd be interested in buying the trigger blade from you, if it is the adjustable one as in picture below:

Have been after one for a while...

I have sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadra View Post
    Thanks for that great closeup Mike. Are you saying that the Models 60, 65, and 66 all share the same trigger? I have posted here in the hope that someone might be aware of a parts gun or an otherwise obscure parts source. I really need to get my 65 back on her feet-she needs some loving.
    I am no expert Giss gun mechanic, but as far as I can tell from the parts diagrams the models 60 and 65/66 do have the same trigger. Note the auxiliarly blade and attachment screw in the 66 diagram (parts 23/5 and 23/6).

The model 60 was replaced as Diana's top match rifle by the model 65/66 - but ended up outliving its successor, remaining as the company's junior match model well into the age of the model 75 (my 60T in the photo above was made in 1982). Early model 60's cannot mount the auxiliary trigger blade, which feature seems to have flitered down from the 65/66.

Again, if the stump of your trigger blade still has the adjuster screws, you may not need to replace it. You can make a new blade, bend to shape, and attach as the old auxiliary blade.

Last edited by MDriskill; 23-05-2023 at 08:44 PM.

Apologies for pulling up this old one, and really have nothing new to add. But the pics of the OEM factory parts below may better explain my previous response.

Again, if you still have the "stump" of the original blade - with the two adjuster screws and threaded hole for the auxiliary trigger - you may be able to fabricate a new blade that uses the latter's attachment point.