Thread: Service or repair before selling ?

Service or repair before selling ?

Time & space to work in is against me. I need to sell a few pcp's & one old springer. The pcp's are losing air so need a reseal. In general is it worth doing a service & paying up front for the seals or just sell on needing attention with an adjusted price. The way prices are going everyone likes a bargain & with everything is creeping up would I get a better / quicker sale offering my rifles spares or repair ?
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawler View Post
    Time & space to work in is against me. I need to sell a few pcp's & one old springer. The pcp's are losing air so need a reseal. In general is it worth doing a service & paying up front for the seals or just sell on needing attention with an adjusted price. The way prices are going everyone likes a bargain & with everything is creeping up would I get a better / quicker sale offering my rifles spares or repair ?
    To be fair I don't think you would have a issue with them going needing a reseal but on the other hand you could potentially loose £100 or more for £3 in orings aswell and your time and I suppose of that's in short supply then it's whatever suits bud.

I wouldn't have a problem buying a project and to be honest I like them.

I basically sold a hw100 for about £100 under what I reckon I could of got for it as it was leaking a tiny bit. I could of sent it off (as I don't have the skills) waited the (up to) 6 week turn around and with postage covered both ways, roughly get charged £100 or more as I personally don't know anyone to offer it too other than a Google search.

High end or collectable, I'd fix them sell, low end it's a case of if you have the time to wait for a repair

Never try and offer px with a leaking gun, I was on the market for a ultra and got offered (about 3 years ago) i think £100 for my fx. Hard no obviously. Got it fixed and it's still more accurate than anything I've bought since or before
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Dominoe effect of circumstancies, ideal world I would learn, fix & use myself but it's a bit like tomorrow's dream turns into today's nightmare. A £100 loss is a fair trade off in many ways. Thanks for the info on values, I can't keep up with what today's values are.I've
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Probably depends on what rifle it is & where it's leaking from, some are easier to fix than others.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Probably depends on what rifle it is & where it's leaking from, some are easier to fix than others.
    I'm OK with most springers but not touched a pcp apart from a Gunpower Stealth many moons ago. YouTube videos make it look easy but right now circumstancies against me. Realy is a flip of the coin what to do.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

my self id get them done before selling

Decided to sell & see what happens. Circumstancies will change so if unsold I'll learn about pcp internals.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Most don't fiddle. Pre sale service introduces a wider potential audience buyer market.

If I bought a leaker, it would affect price (clearly) but probably I would have an eye on upgrading it like a Ratworks job etc...
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill