Thread: what goes around......

what goes around......

Back in the 80s I bought myself a Dillon RL450B for loading .45acp. Around '89 financial pressure of a divorce meant I had to give up and sell everything. My Dillon went to a very good friend who was also an RFD.

I came across a Winchester 1890 at a local dealer, that had come from my friends shop when he closed down. I've always liked them and particularly since it had come from Dave's shop I did a deal. Whilst "shooting the breeze" with the local dealer, the subject of Dillons came up and he said he'd got one, complete with dies. I had also loaded .30 M1 carbine and so I mentioned this with the comment that if there were any such bits it was probably my old one. He said it rand a bell so went to check, returning with a .30M1 shell plate and in the corner of the box was "30 M1" in my own fair hand.

"It's coming home, It's coming hom, it's coming, my Dillons coming home"

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Thats lovely 8-)
    Id love to find the first motorcycle i owned in the same way.
    Hasnt been mot’d since 1983 so its unlikely lol
    Gun control means using both hands.

I had that with my Rogers and Spencer .44. Sold it when I gave up shooting and bought it back of someone who was selling up 5-10 years later.

I probably won't even use it, as I will only be reloading 45/70 now and I'm already pretty well set up for that. I'm not likely to be shooting many rounds through a Pedersoli Sharps carbine, but it's just nice to have it back.

Dave was my first shooting buddy when I moved to Cornwall but has sadly passed on. The reason for buying the Winchester was because it still had a label on it from Daves shop. I had always wanted one but ir was the label that sold it to me.

It will feel like been backbwith an old friend, fully how some things come full circle.
    I run a 650 and load a few different rounds though out the year.