Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No postage

No postage

I guess I will be slated over this post but I get disgruntled when someone puts no postage on a for sale item.
    I have seen a couple of adverts where I would have purchased the item if they offered postage.
    I understand that people want buyers to be happy but there is a good deals sticky to reflect a good sale.
    Dave
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.
    Gun owned .177 FAS 6004 Target pistol.

No postage

To be fair, I’ve stopped posting air rifles mainly as there’s no post office within a 15 mile radius that will accept an air rifle for posting !

I’ve shown them the Royal Mail leaflet showing that is acceptable to send via parcel force 48 hr but they insist it’s their choice not mine

😵💫😤

I wouldn't buy one posted,if it was £500 plus as its a lot to loose. I don't mind posting one as long as the buyer accepts the responsibility or has it picked up. Atb mick

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I won't post or buy a rifle that has to be posted.
    Happy to drive for an hour if I want something.
    My choice.
    Pete

Postage

And with PF48 compensation only for £100 it's not worth it on the more expensive items. Mach 1.5

I have posted two pistols and received two pistols by Royal Mail special delivery and had no problems.
    Maybe I have a misguided belief about sending by post
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.
    Gun owned .177 FAS 6004 Target pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    I guess I will be slated over this post but I get disgruntled when someone puts no postage on a for sale item.
    I have seen a couple of adverts where I would have purchased the item if they offered postage.
    I understand that people want buyers to be happy but there is a good deals sticky to reflect a good sale.
    Dave
    Items get damaged, if PO provided full compensation, like they do on Royal Mail Special Delivery I'd have no hesitation in posting, but look at the sales post by poison dwarf recently, a rifle got damaged in transit, fortunately the issue got resolved quickly, as poison dwarf is a good bloke, but imagine something like this happening to you, I wouldn't want this kind of hassle for sure...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    And with PF48 compensation only for £100 it's not worth it on the more expensive items. Mach 1.5
    exactly this.. I might push it up to £150 (accepting I might lose £50, or £25 each buyer and seller), but no more.

as as we know, claiming from PF is sh!te.

Hence I arrange collections of rifles from the bash, or Kempton, as a lot of folks come to them.

Royal Mail Special delivery is great (£500 comp), but only suitable for pistols
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by svincett View Post
    To be fair, I’ve stopped posting air rifles mainly as there’s no post office within a 15 mile radius that will accept an air rifle for posting !

I’ve shown them the Royal Mail leaflet showing that is acceptable to send via parcel force 48 hr but they insist it’s their choice not mine

😵💫😤
    When I posted a stock, the woman got haughty about it

What's that then?
    It's a wooden stock
    Oh It's a wooden gun stock ( in the loudest voice she could muster, with emphasis on the gun.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    Dave
    You have to understand its the sellers choice. We all lose out on buying an item due to seller not wanting to risk postage. Just move on and keep looking for another. It is their choice who they sell to.

Postage

JB and myself know the problems of trying to claim compensation from Parcel Force when things get damaged. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by svincett View Post

������
    Contact Post Office Counters LTD ( company number NF002783) and make a formal complaint that you are being refused legitimate service due to the attitudes of the staff in specific PO branches. They are paid by PO counters to provide a service, which they are evidently not providing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    When I posted a stock, the woman got haughty about it

What's that then?
    It's a wooden stock
    Oh It's a wooden gun stock ( in the loudest voice she could muster, with emphasis on the gun.
    So in an equally loud voice reply "Yes, which is perfectly legal to post, as would be a complete air gun should I chose to post one" & smile sweetly.

Many PO staff don't have a clue & rely on the quick check laminated sheet, they never read the full rules
    svincett; a PO has no right to refuse any legal item, so report them to the regulator.

As WILBA says, it's the sellers choice,
    I have posted air rifles in the past with no problem, I've also had to make PO staff check the regs online when they wrongly said they were prohibited,
    I've had one sent RMSD refused air transport, which thanks to the buyer contacting me immediately it didn't arrive the next day was sorted with RM in 10 minutes put on a lorry & arrived 2 days later, and they refunded the postage.

I don't worry about damage because I pack them well, unlike some items I've received which I'm amazed arrived intact, including a rifle just in a soft case with the address label sellotaped to the outside.
    I have had a couple of items lost, claimed & got refunded with no issue.

I does annoy me when items that can easily go RMSD are listed as collect only, usually well up north with a 500+mile round trip so no chance of collection,
    But even that still annoys me less than people not attaching pic's.

Posting is far too risky on far too many levels but, basically, it beggars belief that anyone would pay hundreds of pounds for something without seeing it.

I attempted to buy an AA 510 once. . It was advertised along with a 4 litre cylinder. . The advert said everything was "immaculate " and it was priced accordingly.
    Indeed, speaking to the bloke on the phone, he sounded very genuine, and he was very keen to post everything to me... especially as I was about 200 miles away.

But I wanted to see it. . . . And it's just as well that I did.
    The gun was complete "shed". It had rust on it, dents and scratches on the stock, the trigger was stiff, and the gun leaked air so badly it could be heard hissing out.

The 4 litre bottle was actually a 3 litre bottle and it was out of test date, and had the bottom piece/stand missing.

The bloke actually seemed upset that I didn't buy it.

I only ever do face-to-face sales whether buying or selling.
    If I am selling a rifle - which is a very rare event - buyers are invited to come to my club to try it for a couple hours to make sure they are happy with it.
    It is a policy which has stood the test of time.

ive posted a good few over the years maybe just been lucky