Thread: I just want a moan

I just want a moan

I have an FAS 6004 target pistol which I am over the moon with but one thing that annoys me is trying to get the pellet in the breech as it is very fiddley grrr
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.
    Gun owned .177 FAS 6004 Target pistol.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Watching a video, it does look a bit fiddly. I’m not sure how well his majesty would manage with his sausage fingers.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

You're lucky, lol. I find putting the pellets in most guns fiddly. When shooting my HW40 I find more pellets end up near my feet than on the target.

I have the Sig Sauer ASP Supertarget which is mechanically the same as the 6004. I did take the barrel out and relive the breech on my lathe, but the other thing I have found that helps is to hold the top 'slide' in my left hand with the breech pointing up, then use my right hand to load the pellet. (I am right handed).
    With all the other SSP's I have had, I used to keep my right hand on the grip and load with my left hand, meaning the breech was point away from me at twice the length of the pistol. For pellets with very stiff skirts, I made a brass pellet seating tool; lead-free pellets are so hard the pistol hasn't got enough power to move them!

Hope this makes sense and helps...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Maybe if you can switch up to .22. For sure it’s a lot easier to load even with sausage fingers.

Age thing

Yes it comes to us all! I have switched to 22 now it works out cheaper than all the 177’s I have lost to dropping because of eye sight, arthritis, and aches and pains, my shooting hasn’t changed I have always been rubbish!. Suppose next it will be 25? 😆

Quote Originally Posted by chezziboy View Post
    Yes it comes to us all! I have switched to 22 now it works out cheaper than all the 177’s I have lost to dropping because of eye sight, arthritis, and aches and pains, my shooting hasn’t changed I have always been rubbish!. Suppose next it will be 25? 😆
    The 'trouble' with 0.25 is that the velocity will be so low it would be possible to watch the pellet travel downrange - would be possible if it wasn't for the failing eyesight...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Nothing wrong with .25 apart from 2 things, cost and once you have put a shot in the bullseye , you are simply shooting at a hole.
    They do fly a bit slow in a sub 6 pistol but they can be quite accurate despite the longer time from firing to barrel exit. They will also destroy backstops at a much quicker rate than the other 3 calibres.