Thread: Theoben Elan ; seeking advice re;change of postcode

Theoben Elan ; seeking advice re;change of postcode

Evening all,
    I’ve been asked by a friend to assist in finding a new postcode for a Theoben Elan. Up until yesterday I knew nothing of these but a bit of research and a few questions asked has revealed that there were only 50 made, low shot count and are fairly desirable now to the right people. Sound about right???

The only pictures I have atm can be found here. https://imgur.com/a/JNPNbRv I’ve not seen it in the flesh yet but have been informed its in vgc, with the exception of a small leak from the filling port, and 2 of the 3 magazines ( 12 shot) that come with it are apparently in need of some slight attention.

Wondering if anyone could advise on potential value please? I’ve had a little look around here and seen some older threads regarding these but I know the market can be very fickle, and rise and fall like the tide too…..

TIA
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

Elan

A collector friend of mine brought a rather nice one sometime ago for £850 from a shop. Nice rare Theoben. Some Theoben collectors will be along in a moment to proved a more accurate valuation. Mach 1.5

The Theoben Elan is an accidental collectors item due to Theoben ordering the wrong size bottles from Luxfer who refused to accept their return, I have a couple of Elan 60cc bottles i got off Ben Taylor for a Rapid 7 pistol i was making, I also got one off Guy on the R7OC so bottles are still available should you ever need another. Not sure on a price but still collectable even with a rubbish shot count. I would think at least 4 figures.
    Dont change it to a cylinder like the later ones from BTAS as its collectable in its own right regardless of why it was made.. Col.

Thanks guys.
    There are no plans to change anything on the rifle. When my mate told me about the slight leak from the filler he mentioned it would be easy enough to change it to another type…… I told him not to touch it and to leave as is because any potential buyer would be put off by any non original parts on it, and it would most deff’ have a detrimental effect on the value…..

Once I’ve been able to have a good look over it myself and am able to verify the condition is as appears in the pics so far and am comfortable putting my name to it, so to speak, it looks like I’ll be advertising it here on his behalf. If I go that route I’ll make sure to get a lot more, and better quality pictures to accompany the ad’. Anyone in the know care to advise me of any particular areas that are of more interest or need more detailed photo’s please? Also if there are any specific areas that might need checking due to wear’n’tear etc’???

Obviously I want to help my mate out, and also although not my cuppa ( but I wouldn’t refuse if someone wanted to give me one 🤣🤣 ) I can appreciate it’s quite a collectors piece nowadays so want to do my best to do right by the buyer.

Thanks again
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

Nothing at all to look out for, Everything is replaceable. Sound like it may just need a reseal which are just O rings and a job you can do at home, No special tools needed. Col.

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    Nothing at all to look out for, Everything is replaceable. Sound like it may just need a reseal which are just O rings and a job you can do at home, No special tools needed. Col.
    Thanks for that Col, makes it easier for me when I get a chance to look it over. 👍