Thread: The BSA pre war Break Action Air Rifle

The BSA pre war Break Action Air Rifle

Just out of interest I'd appreciate knowing whether or not these guns were available in both No 1 and No 2 Bore, or just the smaller of the two. From memory I've only seen them in No 1 Bore but have heard of someone recently mentioning No 2 Bore. Can any of you "Pundits" out there advise me further regarding the matter.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Hi Vic,

I've never seen an 'original' .22 advertised or in the flesh, so to speak.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Was any part of the gun stamped up anywhere to indicate calibre such as a No 1 or No 2 stamping (rather than any electro etched markings), or is it a case of trying pellets and seeing what fits ?

I ask because I'm hoping to have a look at a BSA B/A in the near future and want to make certain that I get my facts straight, but it certainly has been mentioned as being in 0.22 cal. From memory (possibly from 40 or so years ago), it rings a bell in my mind that just before WWII that BSA did undertake a trial run of the bigger cal. but I can't remember where the comments came from (and quite possibly the ether anyway).

Vic T