Thread: Cheap collet bullet puller

Cheap collet bullet puller

I was recently given a pile of 7.62 military type rounds which are way over pressure in my Unique Alpine target rifle with very heavy extraction and a two hand pull to open the bolt. Rather than waste them I thought I'd try pulling the bullets and reuse the components.

The bullets are glued in to the cases so a kinetic puller was a non starter and I tried an idea that I've used before. My old car brake pipe flaring tool. About twenty quid in any car bits shop.

If you don't do the clamp up too tight it hardly leaves a mark on the bullet.

I've used it on .222 223 357 308 and even a couple of big game bullets that needed deactivating. It works really well and is extremely cheap compared t0 commercial collet type pullers. You can even flare pipes with it!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Use a seating die to push the bullets deeper into the case to break the sealant grip and then use the kinetik to remove the bullet , That has worked for me on old military ammunition I have stripped for components before , Israeli surplus was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    I was recently given a pile of 7.62 military type rounds which are way over pressure in my Unique Alpine target rifle with very heavy extraction and a two hand pull to open the bolt. Rather than waste them I thought I'd try pulling the bullets and reuse the components
    Sell them to me - they shoot perfectly from my Remington - I’ve put a few thousand through it and am running short now !!

Quote Originally Posted by harricook View Post
    Sell them to me - they shoot perfectly from my Remington - I’ve put a few thousand through it and am running short now !!
    If only you were nearer.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by harricook View Post
    Shot ok in my ph scout too . Think they berdan primed and steel core too
    I