Thread: Aa tx200 true left handed outfit beech stock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Aa tx200 true left handed outfit beech stock

I have been offered an aa tx200 true left handed hc .22 with mod sling studs etc. Shoots superbly and at a good price, problem is i am right handed. Wondering if i can re profile the cheek roll over and make up a piece to make it suitable for a r.h. Or just see if i can swap it for a right hand stock & cut out a slot for the loading port. Any of you out there got any suggestions ?? Mickey

Hi, I am left handed shooter, all my collector/classics are right handed including my TX200 mk3 walnut HC. I don't have a problem, maybe one gets used to it. No, I am not looking for a swap!

When I was a kid at school, I could write both left and right handed, played cricket and fished both handed, but, have morphed to become more dominant right handed with many things! Curious or what?

All the best....

LH action just drops in to a RH stock and no need to recess the stock unless it really bugs you that the port opening drops a few mm behind the top line of the stock.
    Assuming mk2 or 3 action and stocks, as mk1 stock won’t have the ABT cutout on the right.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Seems like a lot of pissing about rather than just wait for a RH one.
    Master Debater

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    LH stock is an easy sale, maybe even an easy swap. Lots of lefties want one, and will gladly pay for it.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I have a LH TX200 action in a RH stock, by choice.

When shooting from a bench, it is much easier to cock with the right, and load with the left (from the left).

I'd suggest trying it with RH stock before considering selling it.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.