Thread: Aa tx200 true left handed outfit beech stock

Aa tx200 true left handed outfit beech stock

I have been offered an aa tx200 true left handed hc .22 with mod sling studs etc. Shoots superbly and at a good price, problem is i am right handed. Wondering if i can re profile the cheek roll over and make up a piece to make it suitable for a r.h. Or just see if i can swap it for a right hand stock & cut out a slot for the loading port. Any of you out there got any suggestions ?? Mickey

Hi, I am left handed shooter, all my collector/classics are right handed including my TX200 mk3 walnut HC. I don't have a problem, maybe one gets used to it. No, I am not looking for a swap!

When I was a kid at school, I could write both left and right handed, played cricket and fished both handed, but, have morphed to become more dominant right handed with many things! Curious or what?

All the best....

LH action just drops in to a RH stock and no need to recess the stock unless it really bugs you that the port opening drops a few mm behind the top line of the stock.
    Assuming mk2 or 3 action and stocks, as mk1 stock won’t have the ABT cutout on the right.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Seems like a lot of pissing about rather than just wait for a RH one.
    Master Debater

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    LH stock is an easy sale, maybe even an easy swap. Lots of lefties want one, and will gladly pay for it.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I have a LH TX200 action in a RH stock, by choice.

When shooting from a bench, it is much easier to cock with the right, and load with the left (from the left).

I'd suggest trying it with RH stock before considering selling it.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I'm left handed & have a full lefty tx, also have a r/h tx in a lefty stock, i prefer the loading of the r/h action

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    I'm left handed & have a full lefty tx, also have a r/h tx in a lefty stock, i prefer the loading of the r/h action
    yeah, exactly... I guess that's the one advantage of the HWs, they have a deeper rebate on both sides
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Tx200hc left hand stock what to do !!

Thanks for your input people i think i will try and obtain a r.h. Stock or get a swap thanks mickey

sell or swap your stock .....lefties will pay for a real one
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

a mk1 l/h would be the holy grail of stocks
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

I think the best thing to do is is to let me buy it whilst you search for a "proper" right handed jobby
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Sure someone has a nice right handed stock somewhere for you and swap the action over.

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    a mk1 l/h would be the holy grail of stocks
    Something like this early Custom Stocks example????🤣🤣. https://imgur.com/a/O6PBv2V

Some time ago I ‘accidentally’ bought a brace of AA’s, which included a lefty Mk1 .177 TX in extremely good condition. Tried my hardest to shoot it in that orientation but to no avail, so picked up a Mk3 RH stock which the action now sits in and shoots lovely. 😊. I keep contemplating having a lefty actioned righty stock made for it but there’s always something else to spend the money on 😂.
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..