Thread: Marksman Pellets .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Marksman seem always to get described as 'OK..ish' or 'not the best', 'alright for coke cans' etc - but on this forum and 'elsewhere' I've seen people show them a few times grouping better than some of the expensive 'darlings'.
    As in this very thread!

Then .. the next time the subject of Marksman is raised, they will again be described as '.. meh .. ok for coke cans'

Each to their own of course and i'm being a bit tongue in cheek perhaps - but I think we should tip a hat to the good ol' Marksman British pellet! - still made by the Lincoln Jefferies family.

Good deal

I would of happily paid £50 so £35 is great and loads of cheap fun , get the plastic soldier out!!

over 30-40 years go apart from the Pylarm and the Wasp every where sold them , tackle shop's ,farm supplies anywhere where a young lad wanted to get them sold them .
    remember also when you could buy on instalments a shotgun or an airifle from the the Kay's catalogue etc.

Marksman was all I used throughout my teenage years. Shot plenty of feather and fur with them.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Very good in old rifles, l found my prewar BSAs liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by sjd63 View Post
    Marksman seem always to get described as 'OK..ish' or 'not the best', 'alright for coke cans' etc - but on this forum and 'elsewhere' I've seen people show them a few times grouping better than some of the expensive 'darlings'.
    As in this very thread!

Then .. the next time the subject of Marksman is raised, they will again be described as '.. meh .. ok for coke cans'

Each to their own of course and i'm being a bit tongue in cheek perhaps - but I think we should tip a hat to the good ol' Marksman British pellet! - still made by the Lincoln Jefferies family.
    And, back in the long and distant past of those early days of Airgun World, I seem to remember that the BSA Mercury / .177 Marksman combination recorded a stunning showing in Rod Lynton's pellet testing series?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!