Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marksman Pellets .177

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, like any pellet if they suit your barrel, they can be just fine. 40+ years ago my dad used the round (flatish) nosed variety in his 35, and they grouped comfortably under an inch at our maximum 30 yards length of garden range. The ballistics aren't great so i'd probably not hunt with them past 30 yards, but at close ranges the soft lead and flatish profile makes them very effective.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

My personal experience with Marksman pellets is pretty good in my old BSA air rifles .

In my Norica at 1300f/sec ( Don't panic, I live in Spain ) they spread out a bit .

But , as far as testing at short range, I have always used them .

Quote Originally Posted by sjd63 View Post
    Marksman seem always to get described as 'OK..ish' or 'not the best', 'alright for coke cans' etc - but on this forum and 'elsewhere' I've seen people show them a few times grouping better than some of the expensive 'darlings'.
    As in this very thread!

Then .. the next time the subject of Marksman is raised, they will again be described as '.. meh .. ok for coke cans'

Each to their own of course and i'm being a bit tongue in cheek perhaps - but I think we should tip a hat to the good ol' Marksman British pellet! - still made by the Lincoln Jefferies family.
    And, back in the long and distant past of those early days of Airgun World, I seem to remember that the BSA Mercury / .177 Marksman combination recorded a stunning showing in Rod Lynton's pellet testing series?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!