Thread: FX Impact MK3 Installing Power Adjuster Wheel.

FX Impact MK3 Installing Power Adjuster Wheel.

Hi folks. Just wondering if anyone has come across this or has managed to install a power wheel on the later versions of the MK3.

I have a Power Wheel to fit, it's the barrel that would fit on an FAC just in front of the larger wheel with 16 settings. Yes this is a sub 12 rifle. I have absolutely no intension of breaking any rules or taking this gun above 12ft and I'm only doing this because it's been delivered to me pushing out 9.2ft on the highest settings with the heaviest pellets I use. I would at least like to get this in the low 11s. I know they have to be safe with the settings they send to the UK, but 9.2 I'm sure you'll agree isn't great. Just to be clear I currently have 8 .177 rifles, (Yes I need to sort my life out!) and I maintain all of them, including power adjusting and fine tuning, I do not own anything shooting over 12ft with the heaviest pellets I have.

The problem I have is: The floating piece just in front of the larger wheel has a small grub screw going through it, which hides the screw to remove the piece itself.

[IMG]c:\temp\impact.jpg[/IMG]
    ***Where do I need to put the picture to share it correctly?***

Of course they've used some pretty strong lock tight on this grub screw and it's a 1.5mm Alan head, so you can't go at it too heartily. It needs heat. I have a micro flame torch which I could use, but I've found in the past it causes some discolouration, this gun is the desert variety and I don't want to spoil the finish. I don't mind a gun looking used, but not on the first day!

So far I have thought of shielding the surrounding area with some copper shim stock and using the head of a powerful soldering iron, it's a very large iron that I've used on many projects including wiring up 5th scale RC cars, believe me those motor terminals require some serious heat. I could of course use the torch but I think I'd have better control with the iron.

I wondered about chemicals, but I'm pretty sure they will have used a resistant formula for this thing.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or have any ideas that might help?

I would very much appreciate any information or advice.
    Last edited by tclancey; 27-05-2023 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Advice on picture location.

Impact

well i would drill out the grub screw

I don't think the lack of power has anything to do with the range of adjustments you have on either the wheel, or with replacing the standard indicator with an adjuster

Out the box my UK standard 12ft/lb M3 Compact in .177 adjusts down to around 6ft/lb, and fully wound up gets very close to 12ft/lb with a whole range of pellets, but not over (JSB Exact 4.53 and JSB Heavy 10.34gr create the highest readings)

If yours is struggling to get up to that level with longer barrel I think you may have issues...
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Grub screw

Hi hope im reading this correct are you trying to turn the power up by adjusting the trigger spring tension and it wont move i had to turn mine down i used a hairdryer on mine but i also did not use a alley key as it flexed to much. i used a hex key screwdriver which seemed to go further into the grub screw and this did crack the grub screw.

I went for the soldering iron in the end, got the grub moving perfectly.

You can't drill out the grub screw, it's in line with the barrel, plus it's only 2mm and you need the thread in the block.

There was no way to get the power adjusted above the 9ish before, with the wheel installed I can tune the gun perfectly up to 11.5.

So if anyone has the same problem, use a soldering iron with a shit copper shim to protect the metal and you'll be done in no time.

Cheers.

What worries me is you talk about setting power with "the heaviest pellet you use" where to be legal sub 12 it must be under 12fpe with EVERY pellet, be that heavy, lite or somewhere in between.

If that means it's only 9.2 with something else, that's just tough luck